Aluminum Shock Caps ?

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage Flux HP Brushless Electric Vehicle.

Moderator: Moderators

JUSTINJAMES
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Aluminum Shock Caps ?

Post by JUSTINJAMES » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:31 am

Hey guy's what's up. I have a ? will anyone please chime in on this. I have the HPI aluminum body shocks on My flux xl They  have plastic caps and ends. Well lately I've noticed from just minor little tumbles I have been breaking shock caps. 2 to be exact in the last to bashing sessions. I was wondering is there any aluminum shock caps that would work on the savage big bores? Traxxas makes some nice aluminum big bore shock caps that are blue that would match My Blue TCS tvp's. I was just wondering if anyone has ever used Traxxas caps on the hpi big bores. If not does anyone know where I could find some? The Traxxas look pretty darn close. Any suggestions at please let Me know thanks everyone!

Ps. Would 50wt shock oil be so thick that it's to much resistance and possibly making them crack? I have some 32.5 wt at the house so I'm going to drain them tomorrow and try that. But I'm thinking of trying the blue Traxxas aluminum caps. Just hate to get them and be a waste. I think I read somewhere on here that aluminum *censored* fire shock caps work? Open to any feedback!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

xTKxhom3r
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by xTKxhom3r » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:38 am

i have the same problem bro im thinking about just getting these big boys and be done with it http://www.innovative-rc.com/complete-i ... p-750.html

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ramos617
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by ramos617 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:03 am

You need to install the shock cap while the shock is full and about half to fully compressed
i rebuild my big bores with the shock fully compressed and when i fully tighten the cap the shaft comes out about a half inch
with this method, my shock caps dont bust off from hard landings
Savage Flux XL: MMM/1800kv
2013 Savage X: F4.6
Hobao H4e: HW90a/10.5T

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tim4i
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by tim4i » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:15 am

Hey JustinJames

I'm running the HPI big bores with Hot Racing Shock Caps for the HPI Hellfire #HF15607
They are a tiny bit tight - but they fit with minor torque.
Do what ramos617 mentioned - squeeze out the extra air/oil or it will just pop on a big landing. Try to let them sit for a bit and get rid of the excess air bubbles.
I used to break the plastic ones - now I got the Aluminum I have never looked back. Mass difference is 3g vs 4grams each.

-Check ebay or the Hot Racing Home Site
Link Hot Racing Website

Some pics of how they look on. I only use the Caps tbh - the other parts are still in packets.

Close Up

Sorry if its blurry - I was in a hurry and just used my phone ages ago.
There is a fine line between [i]bashing[/i] and [i]trashing[/i].....so I like to carry spares.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JUSTINJAMES
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by JUSTINJAMES » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:30 am

Kewl definitely have to get this straight b4 I do my CD very soon

Link:
BBcode: