*censored* fire springs help

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage Flux HP Brushless Electric Vehicle.

Moderator: Moderators

zoommm
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

*censored* fire springs help

Post by zoommm » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:14 pm

I want to pick the rear of my flux hp up a little. I already ordered the *censored* fire white springs. Now I am just wondering should I have got all four as I only got a set of two. My plan was to do just the rear to help the sag now I'm second guessing my self. Should I do all four

I also plan on 40 wt oil in the shocks but again should I do all four? I only bash mostly in dirt. Like I said I just wanted to stop the sag.

Thanks for any help

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JUSTINJAMES
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by JUSTINJAMES » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:36 am

I did the front first didn't like so got some for the rears. But I was using the hellfire red there a little stiffer. I'm sure you'll like it better with all 4 done just my opinion.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

donyms
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by donyms » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:27 am

I use the red hellfire on all four with the solid barrel spacers and 35W oil in all the shocks, I love my set up. Great for landing those big jumps too. LOL!!
[img]http://www.sleepyape.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/SC-Signature.png[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JUSTINJAMES
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by JUSTINJAMES » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:52 am

Yeah I listened to Don and I also have the same setup same red hellfire springs and the savage spacer tubes  :). I used 45wt shock oil cause I do stupid high jumps and back flips over & over so I wanted to go a little thicker and I love My setup! Thanks Don! But yeah buddy anything close to these setups will probably be exactly what Your looking for. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

SAVAGE LIFE

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

zoommm
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by zoommm » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:32 am

Thanks guys for all the tips. I already got the white springs (2) so ordered two more and some 40 wt oil. I think I am going to also go with the solid barrel spacers as well  :wink:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

motoxskp
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by motoxskp » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:52 am

so whats the purpose of the barrels........wouldnt they make it too stiff........or is that what you are doing bc of the big jumps....i also, use my flux on motocross jumps and stuff like that. i use the red fire and 50wt oil but i always wondered what the barrels did.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JUSTINJAMES
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by JUSTINJAMES » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:40 pm

I believe there for preload so that the suspension isn't spongey and those darn clips always fall off. I think it also doesn't bounce around as much with the tubes on just my opinion. And if it's a little to stiff you can take them off and cut the same amount off each one. I'm sure someone else will chime in with a better explanation. Just my thoughts I'm still learning but this is the place to do it.

SAVAGE LIFE

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

unicorn
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by unicorn » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:58 pm

With clips etc you are more or less setting truck height-the spring hardnes stays the same..

We use oil for dampening and springs to harden..Harder the springs thicker oil must be used(if it is to thin the model will bounce)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

zoommm
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by zoommm » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Just wanted to give an update, I installed the white hellfire springs alone with the tubes and 40 wt oil. Improved the ride height to what I wanted. Now it wheelies even more lol. Cant wait until the holidays are over so I can order the alza center diff kit along with the vorza center diff.  

However I am enjoying this truck so much. I don't miss my nitros any more lol.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

motoxskp
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by motoxskp » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:49 am

Zoom.....i just install the cd kit over the weekend and its amazing...you are going to love it....Thanx to donyms for helping get the correct parts i needed.........its deff the best money ever spend on an upgrade for savage.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links