Blow diff or ring gear??? + servo probs

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage Flux HP Brushless Electric Vehicle.

Moderator: Moderators

6nelson
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Blow diff or ring gear??? + servo probs

Post by 6nelson » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:39 pm

Well the flux xl I bought finally got here today. Overall I'm pretty impressed with how clean and good of shape it is in. All new parts except for trans, motor, esc, servo, and rec. There's a whole lot of integy that's going to have to came off eventually. Didn't realize how big the truck actually was lol.

Anyways I tried to see if could use the pistol transmitter and ran it in my living/dining room. Very touchy and pretty difficult to do. I noticed the front wasn't really moving. So I had my son hold it up by both bumpers and I gave it a little throttle. Nothing for the front. I got it on the table and a screw for main drive cup fell out. But my question is with both tires off ground and spinning one tire shouldn't the other side go in opposite direction even if it's not hooked to tranny with set screw?

Also would not steer at all, either in air or on ground. So I put it on table with front tires off it. Turned everything on and tried getting it to work. It does long enough to turn it one way and stays there unless I rotate steering back and forth with small movements and kind of comes back to center. Could end points be to blame possibly because the screw isn't turning inside the horn to indicate it would be stripped?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links