keep breaking shock shafts.......need some ideas please

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage Flux HP Brushless Electric Vehicle.

Moderator: Moderators

motoxskp
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

keep breaking shock shafts.......need some ideas please

Post by motoxskp » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:28 am

Hello all......does anyone that runs the losi shocks have problems breaking the shaft??.........i run them along with the flm shock towers. I use 50w oil in them and rebound about half (spring position).........anyways, i keep breaking them, two yesterday, and about three before that in the last couple weeks. Am i doing somehting wrong here or are these things just that weak?

Note....they all broke in the same spot, and that is right were the threads start on the bottome of the shaft.

Any ides or help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanx

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

scrogg
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by scrogg » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:53 am

Nothing new bud, I tried all different kinds of shocks and towers. Al. shocks and shock towers just don't belong on a hardcore basher. The plastic HPI big bores or the standard plastic 8 shock setup is your best bet. Go back to the stock shock towers or an aftermarket Delrin shock tower if they are available. If you are stuck on the LST shocks, check that the shocks are mounted perfectly square with the shock tower and A-arms, I promise you they will still break. I used to jump my Savages wide open off a 3 foot vert ramp... Serious air, nothing held up  as good as the stock setup.
Old nitro junkie with a Flux xs

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

motoxskp
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by motoxskp » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:13 am

Thank you for the reply Scrogg.................i will try that

Link: