Hello again Savage Central! Savage Flux 5T build?

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage Flux HP Brushless Electric Vehicle.

Moderator: Moderators

SavvyRCer
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Hello again Savage Central! Savage Flux 5T build?

Post by SavvyRCer » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:53 am

Hey guys, its been several years since I've been on these forums. I have owned a couple of savages in the past (X 4.6 and XL 5.9).

I'm thinking about purchasing another savage soon but after a few years of tinkering with the nitros I think I will be finally moving to a brushless truck for good.

I have read all that I can on the Savage Flux HP. Right now a brand new HP costs roughly $640 from HPI. The problem is there are a few things I don't like right out of the box on this thing.

In my personal opinion, it is way too powerful for its size even on 4s lipo this thing looks nuts. The only way to truly make the flux less "flip happy" and still use the power is to make it bigger.

So my first question is, has anyone done the 5t conversion offered by TCS crawlers to their flux? I have seen a few on the interwebz and it looks bad *censored*.

My second question is, What would be the most cost-effective manner of building a really strong Flux 5t? I was thinking of buying a flux roller on ebay and then buy all of the necessary parts for the build rather than just wasting $$$ on a new truck only to get rid of half of the parts on it.

One more thing, I plan to build this truck as strong as possible. And it will likely never see 6s lipos, for me, RC is not all about power, but more about durability.

Any suggestions on the best method to go about doing this would be greatly appreciated guys!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dkuz
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by dkuz » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:04 pm

I have played with savages for about 5 or 6 years, starting with an x ss kit, then extended nitro, and now stock length flux conversion. I am a big fan of durability as well, and a few parts I strongly believe in are the alza bulkhead braces, integy axle holders or knuckles or whatever they is called, and of course the bp diffs and big bores.
My biggest gripe with the flux platform is that the wheel and diff bearings seem undersized for the power, and need to be replaced constantly.
Hope this helps a little and I look forward to seeing your progress!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links