vorza cd diff

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage Flux HP Brushless Electric Vehicle.

Moderator: Moderators

greywolf123
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

vorza cd diff

Post by greywolf123 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:28 pm

I got my vorza diff for the Alza cd conversion. I noticed as soon as I got it that it is in the plastic diff cup. I went ahead and ordered an alloy cup just for the *censored* of it.. Part #86827. Went to change everything over and found that the center hole on the bearing from the vorza diff is to small to fit the alloy cup. Out of all the extra bearings I have, not a single one fits the alloy cup. Anyone else have that problem with bearings fitting?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

greywolf123
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by greywolf123 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:37 pm

The spur gear on the vorza diff is awful skinny. Anyone no of a fatter one That is going to work with the alza cd?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

What_The_Flux
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by What_The_Flux » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:04 am

Hi grewolf123, what do you mean that the spur gear on the vorza diff is awful skinny? Do you mean the diameter of the spur itself?
-What_The_Flux?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

greywolf123
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by greywolf123 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:16 am

Not the dia., the thickness.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

What_The_Flux
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by What_The_Flux » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:03 am

I don't know of a thicker one per say that would work with this but I have read and seen others run the Vorza diff with success and no issues thus far with that spur gear. I am also running my Savage with the Alza CD but with an  HPI Trophy Truggy CD with a 50T Spur Gear. They appear to be the same thickness (see here http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-Trophy-Trug ... xy-j9SOaO9) and I can tell you that it runs fine with no issue and no wear on it so far. I've put over 10+ packs through it since I installed it on 4S. Hope this helps...
-What_The_Flux?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ascender
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Ascender » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Greywolf: Go ahead and use the Vorza plastic cup. You may wear it out after a while, but it's better than having to constantly replace the 10x16x5mm that the stock Savage cup uses. If you decide to use an alloy cup in spite of that, get a ceramic 10x16x5mm. It will pay for itself in time saved on repairs when a steel 10x16x5 fails after only a week or two of running.
[align=center][b]Black Cat II - Unleashed[/b]

[img]http://gonneville.smugmug.com/Hobbies/RC/Black-Cat-II/i-jPHSnrZ/0/O/IMAG0293-sig2.jpg[/img][/align]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links