motor ans esc combo

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage Flux HP Brushless Electric Vehicle.

Moderator: Moderators

greywolf123
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

motor ans esc combo

Post by greywolf123 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:20 am

Using up a lot of extra parts I got laying around to build another savage. Will be pretty much stock, with only a few upgrades. Going electric and was lookin for some opinions for a motor and esc combo.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LLkoolskillet
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LLkoolskillet » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:25 am

Hobbywing just came out with some new 1/5 and 1/8 esc's. I am a fan of the stock 2200kv. Depending on size and weight the 1717 would be an option for you.

This is the new XR8 from Hobby wing and its nicely priced...XR8
[img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/LLkoolskillet2/skillet1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

greywolf123
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by greywolf123 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:44 pm

I just ordered the hobbywing max8 combo to try out.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

greywolf123
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by greywolf123 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:07 pm

The combo I ordered above also comes with a program card for the esc. I went to hobbywings website and tried to download the updates for the program card. Norton caught a medium level threat in the download called WS.Reputation.1 and removed the program from my computer. I googled it and found that it is not a virus but just a low usage program that has little to no reputation yet. After thinking about it for a little bit I did the work around and went back to the hobbywing website and started the download again. It did download. I unzipped the file and installed it. As soon as I tried to open the program, it stopped and Norton sent me a warning that the file contained a trojan and had quarantined the program. I tried to delete the program from my computer and CANNOT delete it. I have sent 2 emails to hobbywings tech support to advise them what has happened to me. Have no idea if it has happened to anybody else.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LLkoolskillet
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LLkoolskillet » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:58 pm

I have both portable HW esc programers and I have not experienced this issue. I will say that HW North America is very good at least in my experience. Im sorry that this happened to you.

Did you get the 2200 to go with the ESC?
[img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/LLkoolskillet2/skillet1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

greywolf123
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by greywolf123 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:10 pm

I got the combo with motor, esc and program card. Yes it is the 2200. I did already get a response to the 1st email saying that they are sending my email to tech to see what is going on.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

greywolf123
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by greywolf123 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:00 pm

Just got another reply to my emails saying they have had NO other bad reports worldwide, but they did have their people check with all known virus programs and found nothing wrong with their download link. Wait for it ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BUT------------------------------------------------------They sent me another download link with a new packaging process,(not sure what that means). Downloaded and installed, windows sent a pop up saying it blocked it because it did not recognize the content, but at the same time Norton sent a message that the content was safe. All is good now, ecept the waiting on stuff to get here. LOL

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

greywolf123
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by greywolf123 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:34 pm

My combo got here. Finally got around to putting it in the truck. Got a problem now. Everything is hooked up correctly. Checked it all over 5 times to be sure. Rx is bound. Hook up batteries and turn it on and I get the red led on rx and ESC flashing and the steering works but no throttle. Then read instructions for setting the throttle to the ESC. Turn it all off and follow instructions for turn on for throttle set up. Does NOT enter into and kind of set up mode. I even followed instructions on how to enter into set up mode for the ESC and hooked up the program box to see if that worked. Everything is good on the ESC but still no throttle. I emailed hobbywing for help and decided to ask here also. Anyone got any suggestions? LLKoolskillet

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links