Savage Flux Width Question

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage Flux HP Brushless Electric Vehicle.

Moderator: Moderators

SavageBasher85
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Savage Flux Width Question

Post by SavageBasher85 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Hey guys, it's been about 5 years since I have been on this great forum. I forgot both the email and password I used at that time, so I just created a new account.

My question is: I have purchased the #102404 - Wheelbase Conversion Set for my Savage Flux HP.
I want my truck wider but I don't want the extra length. Is it possible to just use some of the pieces from this kit to widen the the truck (wheelbase) only, without using the entire kit to extend the length of the truck as well?
Or is there an easier way or part I can buy to do this. I just don't like the extra length of the XL for some reason. I just want a nice wide regular Flux.

Thanks,

Matt

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageBasher85
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by SavageBasher85 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:22 pm

Thanks for the welcoming Squid!
The reason why I posted my question in 2 places was because I thought I had put it in the wrong place, since I had no replies. I figured Tech Tips section was more appropriate location for this question. Next time time I delete my previous question, if this issue is ever to arise in the future.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageBasher85
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by SavageBasher85 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:44 pm

Any experience with widening the flux guys? Even without using parts from the kit, and using different parts entirely? I like the length, just a touch more width would be nice to keep it off the lid a little more often haha.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:54 pm

Axle extenders or offset rims.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageBasher85
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by SavageBasher85 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:29 pm

Thanks you sir! Any part # or company names by chance. My Flux has been sitting on the shelf for about 5 years, and I wanna get back in the game.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:37 pm

Proline for the offset wheels. Axle extenders, I haven't seen for a while, but if you aearch around ebay you might find some.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageBasher85
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by SavageBasher85 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:18 am

Thanks! Ill have to hunt for the axle extenders. Im hoping they may come in the XL conversion kit I bought. Unfortunately, I won't be back home until the 20th to take a better look at that kit.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:42 pm

I am going from memory here, so I might not be correct. I believe the XL has wider axles, but you will also have to change the outdrive cups in the diffs as the XL dogbones used with the longer (wider) axles are bigger in diamerer. So even if I am right and you bought a XL conversion kit you should be good to go.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links