is this a decent package?

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage Flux HP Brushless Electric Vehicle.

Moderator: Moderators

bluesox_68
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

is this a decent package?

Post by bluesox_68 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:11 pm

I am fairly new to rc's and I have owned a 4.6 savage for a month or so and I love it but before I spend a bunch into hopping that up I figured that money could go better spent into investing in a flux and sell my 4.6  I  Is this a package decent? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0161p?&I=LZ1667**  With the little research I have been able to do in this short time since considering this option.  I am just afraid this is a minimum package with sub par charger and battery?  If i am wrong please let me know of if their is a better all in one package could you please point me in that derrection.  Thanks!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

satan6907
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by satan6907 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:36 pm

You need to fix your link there bud.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

KiZ
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by KiZ » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:46 pm

The link is fine, phpBB just doesn't like links with asterisks in them, so you just have to copy it to your address bar.

As for the package, well, meh. It's NiMH batteries and a pretty low end charger. Most of the guys around here including me would recommend you go LiPo straight off the bat if you want a decent amount of power and runtime. Read around the Flux forum to see what kind of batteries and chargers people are buying.

I've moved this to the Flux forum.
[url=http://www.kizzard.net/gallery/][img]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/kizzzard/gray-sav.gif[/img][/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

NardCox
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by NardCox » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:54 am

I second KiZ in that. Buy some Zippy / Turnigy LiPo's from HobbyCity and I believe there also some good chargers out there as well (keeping the budget in mind).

For starters I would recomment a 4S set-up to get used to the Flux power, maybe lateron you can invest is 6S if need may be.

Little start:

4 * Turnigy 5000mAh 2S 30C Lipo Pack for $33 a piece, which makes about $135

For a charger I don't know, I do see the iCharger, iMax and Turnigy chargers get recommened from time to time. My personal preference is:
- AC as wel as DC compatible
- Internal balancer for atleast 6S
- At least 5A chargecapacity

Goodluck with your choice!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links