Comprehensive Flux Guide

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage Flux HP Brushless Electric Vehicle.

Moderator: Moderators

cdziak
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Re: Comprehensive Flux Guide

Post by cdziak » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:18 pm

2 possible upgrades that are popular:  RPM non-adjustable uppers, or the Savage X SS kit adjustable uppers which are available in a complete pack.
75 RCs and counting...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageBerzerker
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by SavageBerzerker » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

I wanna just get rid of the slop
[i][b][size=117][color=darkblue]Only The Strong Will Survive, The Weak Shall Perish!!![/color][/size][/b][/i]

[i][b][size=117][color=blue]Savage Flux HP Upgrade/Beginners Guide - Work In Process!!![/color][/size][/b][/i]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

donyms
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by donyms » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:54 am

I just wanted to share what I have done on my pinion gear. I turned it around so the set screw is at the shaft end, this allows for a slight flex or twist of the shaft and my pinion gear has never came loose since. I did not rough up the shaft or use loctite on the set screw and I have not had the pinion come loose since. After finding that to be a success, I did the same on all my other trucks and that seems to be the key, not one pinion has came loose on any of my trucks. They all would come off after a few packs before I did this.
[img]http://www.sleepyape.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/SC-Signature.png[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Champmoney
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Champmoney » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:38 am

Just want to say this forum is awesome. I got a HP Flux about a month ago and love it. I got Phatline road tires. I got the XL conversion pack but haven't done it yet. Got Proline Trencher X's for the XL mod. Also installing the Integy rear hubs now. I've learned a lot on this site. All of you are very helpful.

I had to send my batteries back to Racer's Edge cause my ESC kept reseting. Tried a friends batteries and it stopped reseting. Think cause of low voltage. ??? Now i read i think i may have bought the wrong batteries. I bought 2S 5000mAh 25C. Wish i went with higher C rating. They're under warranty, think I might sell them when they come back and get better.

Again thanks everyone.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Burrabu
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Burrabu » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:23 am

Thank you all for this. I am getting a Flux HP in a few days, and I have a question regarding all these set-up tips. I keep encountering the topic of breaking in the ball differential and slipper clutch, but it's not mentioned in this guide. Do you not need to break them in with the Flux HP? What is the benefit? What happens if you don't?
:)
Thanks.

EDIT: Ah, I've just been informed that ball differentials went the way of the dinosaurs. Thanks.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links