Bulldog body

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage Flux HP Brushless Electric Vehicle.

Moderator: Moderators

nordstuff
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Bulldog body

Post by nordstuff » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 pm

Love the look of the J Concepts Bulldog body,will it fit on the Savage?I swear I have seen someone on here using one.I searched like a madman bud came up with nothing
[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/16ap47a.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SXL-APT
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by SXL-APT » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:52 pm

[quote="nordstuff";p="821747"]Love the look of the J Concepts Bulldog body,will it fit on the Savage?I swear I have seen someone on here using one.I searched like a madman bud came up with nothing[/quote]

Proline Bulldog. & yeah it will fit pretty good, just needs a opening for the engine.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

leetmodz
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by leetmodz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:51 pm

[quote="nordstuff";p="821747"]Love the look of the J Concepts Bulldog body,will it fit on the Savage?I swear I have seen someone on here using one.I searched like a madman bud came up with nothing[/quote]

i have it on my savage truggy

I *censored* up tho because the stock body posts will not work, so like a tool I cut out the hood of the body so my posts would except the body but it looks like crap lol.

The better way, no need of modding the body would be to cut the the top off the posts so your left with two posts, and put a body clip before putting the body on. This is kinda hard to explain so I will get a pic and show you what I mean.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

nordstuff
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by nordstuff » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:31 pm

@ SXL-APT,thanks for the info!I should have added that its a Savage Flux.

@ Leet,I get what your saying bother,much appreciated.Thanks for taking the time to throw up the pic.I have a wack if body post that will work great as well as som nice teflon washers for the body to sit on.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

nordstuff
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by nordstuff » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:32 pm

If anyone else has pics that would be great.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

leetmodz
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by leetmodz » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:27 am

[quote="nordstuff";p="821783"]@ SXL-APT,thanks for the info!I should have added that its a Savage Flux.

@ Leet,I get what your saying bother,much appreciated.Thanks for taking the time to throw up the pic.I have a wack if body post that will work great as well as som nice teflon washers for the body to sit on.[/quote]

No prob, and yea washers would be good. I need to order another one of those bodies and get it done right!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

nitrotrippertje
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by nitrotrippertje » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:09 am

SavageSam used a losi 8t 2.0 body on his carbonfibre racer and looked nice the proline bulldog or jconsepts punisher body will look similar to Sams truck.
Here is the SavageSam carbonfibre super savageracer modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic& ... c&start=20
To make it look this low you need the low shocktowers from PRC or fab your own towers to make it look awesome otherwise it will look silly like this:
Team DBC teamdriver
FLM EXT P3.28, hotbodies Twinzilla P3.28, S-25 P3.28
Hotbodies lightning pro2 buggy picco P3.28
Hongnor X2 CRT lightweight P7R EVO3 EDO mod/Werks 2057
Hongnor X2 CRT lightweight Werks B5/2013

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

leetmodz
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by leetmodz » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:38 pm

[quote="nitrotrippertje";p="821861"]SavageSam used a losi 8t 2.0 body on his carbonfibre racer and looked nice the proline bulldog or jconsepts punisher body will look similar to Sams truck.
Here is the SavageSam carbonfibre super savageracer modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic& ... c&start=20
To make it look this low you need the low shocktowers from PRC or fab your own towers to make it look awesome otherwise it will look silly like this:
Image[/quote]

With truggy tires and at arm level, it looks pretty good.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links