Newbie to RC's & purchased my first, a HPI Savage Flux H

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage Flux HP Brushless Electric Vehicle.

Moderator: Moderators

johny723
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Re: Newbie to RC's & purchased my first, a HPI Savage Fl

Post by johny723 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:30 pm

use a HD servo saver spring. If you need a stronger servo, try something with 20 and more kg/cm.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rlanza1054
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by rlanza1054 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:25 pm

[quote="Hier";p="874260"]- Running on 3s increase danger, but should never be a problem when use correctly. If you burn an ESC, it's because you did something wrong. This is why I told u some tips to avoid problems. (I did burn 2 ESC lol)

- Electric motor can
[color=blue]Robert L
Astoria Queens NYC
HPI Savage Flux HP
Newbie - my first RC!
Reason for getting Savage, my dog Dylan[/color]

[img]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/rlanza1054/HPI%20Savage%20Flux%20HP/robl-signature101_zps0eeb5f87-1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rlanza1054
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by rlanza1054 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:53 am

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I re-mounted the Mud Slingers on the Axial Bead Lock rims but used ordinary clear silicone glue.

I let it cure for two days.

It does look like it would be easy to remove.

And it runs beautiful now.

I actually managed to do a wheelie.

As I told you before, I already had my Savage geared down a bit.

So after the glue job, I also reprogrammed the ESC to have more torque which I believe did the trick.

The funny thing is that when you look at the Savage with these wheels on it, the Savage really looks mich better and looks much stronger. I'm sure its just an illusion.

It certainly can't go as fast but its feels like I could climb over anything.

I think it might be fun to try this combo on a beach, which I've never done before but now I really want to test it out.

How did you make out, did you glue yet?

I'm pretty happy now.

Here is a very short YouTube video:

HPI Savage Flux HP with Mud Slinger Monster Tires:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-IRG7Fd ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Rob
[color=blue]Robert L
Astoria Queens NYC
HPI Savage Flux HP
Newbie - my first RC!

[img]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/rlanza1054/HPI%20Savage%20Flux%20HP/robl-signature101_zps0eeb5f87-1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rlanza1054
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by rlanza1054 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to update my latest findings.

I have always complained about a wobble on my front driver's side. About a week ago, after I installed some brand new tires that came with rims already installed, I noticed the same wobble.

I had always assumed it was the tires in some way.

A tire not being balanced or maybe water the got the wheel (hence making the foam insert wet).

But after these new tires showing the same issue, it finally dawned on me it could be something else not related to the tire itself.

I had ordered some wheel extenders that were recommended and in the process of taking off that driver's side front axle, I noticed that the end where the threads are, it was bent ever so slightly.

So I ordered a replacement axle, and I'm waiting for it to arrive.

In the beginning, when I first got my Savage I had some pretty good crashes and flips. I probably bent that axle during one of those events.

I gave up on the wheel extenders, I needed to drill new holes for the pins in a different location than the stock holes. I don't trust myself making those holes. So I just gave up.

The truck has been running fine lately.

I also just switched over to a new radio.

I purchased the FlySky FS-iT4.  It was cheap enough and it came with a whole box of sensors.

I'm still setting up the sensors.

I installed a speed sensor and a temp sensor so far.  I haven't calibrated the speed sensor yet. I,mounted the magnets on the spur gear. It was easier than the wheel. Since there is no real gear shifting on the electric Savage, I might be able to convert to MPH. I have to look at it more. I,ordered the optical speed sensor, that might be easier to install on the wheel.

A friend I made at the park, is more into RC's, he's even sponsored by ProLine.

He was insisting on me getting a Futaba radio system. But because of the price after you add in sensors was way more than I was willing to spend.

After he saw this FlySky Radio he went nuts, it turns out that the Futaba Radio is not a 'touchscreen'. The FlySky Radio even comes with its own stylus for moving around on the screen.

I just use my finger which works well enough.

It comes with its own rechargeable lithium battery.

So at $129 it was a bargain.

The only issue that people complain about is multiple bindings.

It does remember more thsn one model, it just doesn't retain the receiver id code for each receiver you have on your models.

There is a work around fkr that by just leaving what is called a binding plug plugged in all the time.

That's all for now!

Rob
[color=blue]Robert L
Astoria Queens NYC
HPI Savage Flux HP
Newbie - my first RC!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageBerzerker
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by SavageBerzerker » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:04 am

[quote="rlanza1054";p="881742"]Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I re-mounted the Mud Slingers on the Axial Bead Lock rims but used ordinary clear silicone glue.

I let it cure for two days.

It does look like it would be easy to remove.

And it runs beautiful now.

I actually managed to do a wheelie.

As I told you before, I already had my Savage geared down a bit.

So after the glue job, I also reprogrammed the ESC to have more torque which I believe did the trick.

The funny thing is that when you look at the Savage with these wheels on it, the Savage really looks mich better and looks much stronger. I'm sure its just an illusion.

It certainly can't go as fast but its feels like I could climb over anything.

I think it might be fun to try this combo on a beach, which I've never done before but now I really want to test it out.

How did you make out, did you glue yet?

I'm pretty happy now.

Here is a very short YouTube video:

HPI Savage Flux HP with Mud Slinger Monster Tires:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-IRG7Fd ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Rob[/quote]

What pinion gear do you use for your motor?
[i][b][size=117][color=darkblue]Only The Strong Will Survive, The Weak Shall Perish!!![/color][/size][/b][/i]

[i][b][size=117][color=blue]Savage Flux HP Upgrade/Beginners Guide - Work In Process!!![/color][/size][/b][/i]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links