New Flux w/ Upgrades - Need Advice w/ body, etc.

Questions about Hop Ups for the Savage.

Moderator: Moderators

chooched
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

New Flux w/ Upgrades - Need Advice w/ body, etc.

Post by chooched » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:29 am

Hey guys!  Long time Savage owner but I recently just broke down and bought my first electric machine, the newest Flux kit.  I have yet to even run it yet (waiting on LiPos and charger to show up still) and I've already installed a couple upgrades with more on the way.  I'm looking for a little advice and help finding myself a nice body to go with the truck.

So far, here's what I've installed or bought:
-Alza Racing 1/5 Upgrade TVPs
-Integy Heavy Duty rear Hub carriers
-HD Drive gear (yet to install, might just wait until stock one breaks on me)
-Pro-Line Trender 3.8 All-Terrains all around
-Tubing to do the "shock mod" inside the shock bodies (can't remember where I saw the post)

With all that in mind I'm looking for a good (read: cheap...not $150.00+) truck/truggy body for the Alza TVP kit.  Also, I was curious if there's anything I should be concerned about with the truck.  Such as specific things breaking, not performing up to par, etc.  Most likely I'm going to by the LiPo plate from Alza Racing too but I wanted to install the TVPs first and see if the stock LiPo boxes were going to be awkward sitting outside the TVPs before I shell out the cash for the plate.  I will probably also pick up the under-carriage connecting plate to shield the differential and motor.

So, some specific questions:
1) Should I upgrade my servos to handle the bigger tires and beefier grip?  If so, with what?
2) Shocks.  Will the stock shocks handle the increased weight?  If not, what shocks should I pick up?  The Baja shocks seem like a good upgrade but...$$$$
3) I plan to run the truck in the snow.  Anything I should be concerned with?  I know the ESC is "waterproof" but what about sealing up the electronics box, etc.?

I plan to just dink around with the truck.  I don't plan on breaking it or running it so hard it "should" break, but you never know.  General bashing, jumps, chasing after my dog, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SeeGee911
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by SeeGee911 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:39 am

I have a Pro-Line Blockbuster body on mine, which is a short course body, but it works strangely well!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links