What tank to choose with my mid tank conversion?????

Questions about Hop Ups for the Savage.

Moderator: Moderators

gwalk03
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

What tank to choose with my mid tank conversion?????

Post by gwalk03 » Fri May 29, 2015 12:23 pm

I just ordered a set of LCG extended TVPs, Savage servo plate, an extended center skid plate, savage motor plate and a set of servo mounts (along with an Alza bulkhead conversion kit.) I have looked and searched tons of threads on the Internet and can not find a list of replacement tanks to order to fix the half tank lean issue and complete the mid tank mod on my HPI Savage X 4.6. I've seen some say to use the Ofna Hyper 7 tank or the Hellfire tank.  For any of you that have used an Fast Lane Machine conversion what tank did you go with?  Also if anyone has any pics or helpful tips I would be very greatful.
Savage X 4.6
Hitec HS-7955TG steering, HS-5565MH throttle/brake, Futaba 3PL radio, 2500 mHa batt., Aluminum Rear axle carriers and steering knuckles, Boca Bearings, Phaltlines and Big Joe IIs, Tony's Screws, Robinson Racing Gen3 Slipper, & more!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Synk
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Synk » Fri May 29, 2015 1:05 pm

i use the ofna hyper 7 tank. cant recommend it. lid does not seal well. always checking it
savage x ss Lrp zr.30, octane cage and mod radio box, ofna mid tank 250cc, integy saver front/rear hubs, sv250 mod 3 spd, no mix arm throttle, hitec 5645 5625 servos, 4xbb 4xstd shocks w/35wt, flux drivetrain, 30k wt diff oil,  new era wing, tonys screws

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

gwalk03
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by gwalk03 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:02 pm

[quote="Synk";p="885988"]i use the ofna hyper 7 tank. cant recommend it. lid does not seal well. always checking it[/quote]

Good to know. I've not heard that about the Hyper 7 tank before.
Savage X 4.6
Hitec HS-7955TG steering, HS-5565MH throttle/brake, Futaba 3PL radio, 2500 mHa batt., Aluminum Rear axle carriers and steering knuckles, Boca Bearings, Phaltlines and Big Joe IIs, Tony's Screws, Robinson Racing Gen3 Slipper, & more!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

savagenoob
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by savagenoob » Fri May 29, 2015 2:18 pm

I run a hellfire tank with my stock x tvps. Fits nice and snug and gives a consistent tune till it runs dry
Hellfire mid-tank, F4.6, 18/47, XL 3-speed, Max-life alu shoes/Mugen 1.0 springs, Losi HT pipe
Other rides: REVO w/Mach2 .19, REVO w/3.3, T-Maxx w/2.5R, Stampede w/ Megatech M16, HPI firestorm, ECX Circuit

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MShark
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by MShark » Fri May 29, 2015 8:02 pm

[quote="savagenoob";p="885990"]I run a hellfire tank with my stock x tvps. Fits nice and snug and gives a consistent tune till it runs dry[/quote]

I might try this tank. Is it a direct fit?
Looking for well modded truggy/buggy, PM me! Also maybe Savage X/XL

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

NizzleMaShizzle
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by NizzleMaShizzle » Fri May 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Good luck finding a hellfire tank.....the tank and the body posts ran out real quick coz the savage community ate em' up off the rip LOL. All the PRC carbon fiber chassis guys bought all the body posts, and well the hellfire tank was a real popular HTL mod for both mid-tank/stock tank locations.

I went off squirrelrod's video and copped me a MGT tank:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3suTv_7N69Q

Here's a link to the tank:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Associated-1-8- ... 4d1f40dbca

[img]http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa436/subyboo/Savage/SC_zpse28103b3.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links