Integy Wheel Hubs

Questions about Hop Ups for the Savage.

Moderator: Moderators

Caretaker
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Re: Integy Wheel Hubs

Post by Caretaker » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:18 am

The only difference will be that your XL is  little less wide..
\m/ (-_-) \m/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SiNiST3R
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by SiNiST3R » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:53 am

I wonder how they will fit over an XL axle, if the threaded part of the axle will stick out past the end of the hub. If they line up nice that should work well on an XL to get a true 17mm hub vs the flanged nut that's stock. It's a bit questionable to add any extension on the already extended axles so Ive been weary of hubs like tge associated set, hese ought to keep the pressure points the same, add a lil bit of weight to the far end but doesn't look as if its going to stress the axle too much.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Caretaker
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Caretaker » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:56 am

The axles supplied with the hubs are 8mm in diameter.
f the XL axles are the same you should be able to fit them.
\m/ (-_-) \m/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jaceracer
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by jaceracer » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Yeah they are 8mm when I get these next week I will post some pics with them on.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Aren't the ends of the XL dog bones bigger in diameter than the standard savage dog bones? I have to admit that I am not current on the newer stuff   :oops:  ........

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SiNiST3R
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by SiNiST3R » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:39 pm

[quote="Squid";p="887275"]Aren't the ends of the XL dog bones bigger in diameter than the standard savage dog bones? I have to admit that I am not current on the newer stuff

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jaceracer
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by jaceracer » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:04 pm

The worst case would be I have to buy the axles that come with the kit or I can modify mine meaning I would have to drill another hole for the pin closer to the hub carrier, but I will test for sure and keep you guys posted with pics as well.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:14 pm

If I remember correctly, I may not it was a few years ago when I put them on, the stock axles won't work with the hexes. If memory serves, the issue is holding them on with the stock axles. The ones with the hexes are drilled and tapped for a set screw to hold the pin in place. The pin in turn holds the hexes on the axle. Keep us posted, I am curious to see if my memory is any good.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Mendoza
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Mendoza » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:23 pm

I'd drill a hole closer to the hub carrier which is better than where the pin sits stock and shorten the axle so it doesn't stick out beyond the new hub. The XL axle is longer but you could maintain the same track (after removing your spacers) by putting a 0.5inch offset hub on each side (they are super cheap) instead of using the HPI ones you bought. Once you redrill the pin hole you have a bunch of hub options with the same axle diameter. Team Associated from an RC10 are awesome (nylock nuts never come lose) and available in 2 different offsets. Fit right on. I basically bought the same as Squid but used the TA hubs with the supplied axles because I don't like the purple anodising.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jaceracer
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by jaceracer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:19 pm

Update! I decided not to go with modifying my stock axles just encase i ever wanted to go back to the original so i have some conversion axles on the way. I know i will lose some wideness on the trucks stance but it's not that much that it will hurt it, but for now i have added reverse (my own choosing don't judge i just like having it), hd servo spring, steering bearings, wheelie bar, black warlock wheels with dirt bonz tires, rear integy hub carriers, tried adding some aluminum turnbuckles for the front did not work out like it should of, roll cage with updated fuel tank mounts, led battery charge light. So this truck should be ready soon i hope.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jaceracer
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by jaceracer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:39 am

Well after dealing with all the headache on this the hpi87229 will not work in any way fashion on the xl so i went with the integy c22926 and i'm quite pleased, they look very nice extend the wheels out just a bit but not that much. I have a brand new 87229 kit that i need to sell if anyone is interested I'am asking 35 bucks for it and it will fit 4.6x and ss kit. I wish it would have worked out but it wasn't ment to be on the xl i guess.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

NITRO_SAVAGE
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by NITRO_SAVAGE » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:02 am

Integy c22926 is not coke can, I have them on my savage with 5 gallons threw them and no signs of wear.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links