tsais pipe..

Questions about Hop Ups for the Savage.

Moderator: Moderators

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:49 pm

got my badboy pipes today...

my opinion before usage.. the quality is NOT the same.. i cannot say its worse.. but cannot say its better.. the pipe its self is shorter, i cannot say i like the lack of the lip the original had.. pipe never came loose on me.. it also lacks the welded seam in the middle for the divergance cone inside.. so it is nicer in cosmetics.. BUT the original wire mount is every 90* and this is only 180*..

the wire mount for this is MUCH better also.. they increased the size of the screw and the set screw, i give that a A++++ cause ill admit i stripped one of my original ones..

what pipe will give more power.. if i had to guess, the original will have more bottom end..
those holes are larger in the badboy over the original, its also shorter, and does have a bigger entrance into the pipe vs the original.. all of these things should releive back pressure aka giving less bottom end in theory..

tomarrow ill hope it does not rain.. ill throw the pipes on my s25(s) one in each savage to give a compairison in sound :D so this way we know the exact sound of the badboy vs original with same header, engine for a exact one.. :wink: just rember a picco is louder.. LOL.. just hope the rain is not falling so i can run it and use the vid camera..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TurbineInhaler
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by TurbineInhaler » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:35 pm

cool

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

alexis007
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by alexis007 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:01 am

Wow 8O , can't wait anymore :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:02 am

the bad boy is louder..

next.. roto start sux balls.. my dropped tvps do not allow roto start, give them a A+ for that.. but i only happen to have 1 pull start to fit so was forced to use the roto start on my primary savage.. so i can have 2 s-25 powered savages for this project.. could not start saveg#1 cause roto start sux.. im using a drill to turn the engine over.. does not turn fast enough to make s-25 fire.. unless fully charged.. trust me on this..

so i had to use savage #2 for both sound clips.. BUT problem.. radio/receiver is not inclosed, jr sx3 synthisized receiver.. lots of rain yesterday = dumb *censored*.. had to dry out receiver.. and well the 2 sound clips are not in the same area.. but i hope i cought enough of it close to the camera for a sound differance.. but till tonight when i compile it will be hard to say..

but the bad boy is louder.. but not by much.. should scream on a picco.. LOL.. i hope this helps those who wondered..

vid did not turn out, my computer is way too slow to upload it.. :roll:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:20 pm

just doing some updates on this thread.. due to member, tsais's post he made, i gave him a link to this thread.. since its been 2 years time for a update...

current engine line for myself
rb tm728
tops 38 3 port
eb mod tops 28 8 port turbo (in the mail)
rb ws7II
new HB power house 26, came with lightning stadium
hyper 8 port race
hpi s-25

dead engines ive had
21bb
picco 26

current pipe list
Tsais Bad boy
2x original Tsais pro
RB 063
3x stock lightning pipe (copy of rb 086 pipe if info is correct)
advantage racing hard anodized 086 (in the mail for the rossi 8 port)

of all the pipes and engines, my favorites are the original tsais pro, i love them, for the indoors make it quiet, and same power as the rb 063 IMO

i have run the tsais pro pipe on the ws7II, rb 28, rossi 28 3 port, the hpi s-25, hyper 8 port race, picco 26, i have never been dissasitisfied with it.. it is as comparable as the rb 063 pipe on fuel, power and its looks are still great. i really like this pipe when im on a indoor nitro track due to the lack of noise it makes. summer 04 sc bash i had one on the 8 port race and when i started it up tbill and others were suprised at how it was far from loud.. should have seen their faces :D

the bad boy pipe, i ran it on a picco 26, rb ws7II, s-25, and tried it on the rb 28, its way louder, this one aspect turns me off on the pipe. it has slightly more bottom end then the original, but i also feel it dropped some of the top end.. on the picco 26 it seemed to help it load up, im not as impressed as with the original one, but it is a gain over the stock pipe.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Adz
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by Adz » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:57 pm

1 of ma mates has got the tsais pipe 4 is swift, but its meltin the side plastic..bit, and he said he would sell it me for ma sav (s25) for

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Adz
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by Adz » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:59 pm

(its the pro one)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:47 pm

all i can say is its up to you.. LOL.. try it out and decide..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:02 am

I just received my new Savage SS 4.6, had the pretty new black chrome maxima so fitted her up. The SS kit includes a wire and aluminum mount for its polished pipe which is a perfect fit for the pipe, no need to use the included hardware makes life even easier as you do not need to bend the wire.

I did my 2 static tanks of fuel, then drove 4 hours to a nice warm indoor track in Dayton Ohio called the X-dome (was one of the last weekends of operation). There I finished up my break in of the new k4.6 engine. I tuned the engine in with a crowd of people gathered wanting to see what the new savage will do. They were at aww over the pipes looks and its nice deep sound. Pictures do not do this pipe justice, the black chrome is so deep and rich its sad to even see it get dirty.

Performance, I compaired it to the stock polished HPI pipe that comes with the new SS 4.6 kit, I found it to be a much smoother bottom end, great midrange and comparable top end. It also sounds much better, I thought it would be loud and was very plesently suprised at its pleasing tone.

note this was tested out over a month ago, the pipe was then sent to tbill and from tbill to scott for testing.. just finishing up some unfinished threads..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Strand
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by Strand » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:51 pm

I have the original TSAIS pro pipe. I was considering getting their new M25 model w/header here:

http://tsais.com/products/exhaust/tuned ... 16C640.jpg

It looks identical to the hotbodies setup you can see here at tower:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XGFR8&P=ML

Does anyone know if these pipes ARE the same thing? Any opinions on power of the new TSAIS pipe and header?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

blu-thang
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by blu-thang » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:21 am

The very first time I saw that pipe was at the hobbyexpo here in L.A.,but when I heard Wow I said, I have to have one of those!!! :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links