Got my USB adaptor today

This forum is dedicated to Savage-Central members that are taking part in "Virtual RC Racing".
Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Got my USB adaptor today

Post by Squid » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:23 pm

As the topic tittle says, I got my adaptor today.  Set up was a little tricky for me, I actually looked up the instructions on the VRC site.  Anyone that has set up a controller on a PC before should have no problem, this was my first go at that as I am not much of a gamer, once I read through the instructions, it was easy enough.

As far as how the car sets up, and reacts to the changes you make is amazing.  I don't have any 4WD asphalt racing experiance, my on-road experiance is limited to 1/12th scale 2WD pan cars, so I have quite a learning curve there as there is more to adjust than I am used to.  I have started out with one of the 1/10th scale 200mm GT cars.  There are a lot of adjustments that are the same as the 1/12th scale carpet cars that I am used to racing, and the game car reacts to those changes just like the carpet car would have.

I think that ths is going to be fun.  I haven't tried to race on-line yet, as I want to get the car sorted a little, and learn the tracks, plus I haven't raced in almost a year so I have to knock a lot of cobwebs off.

I'll be doing a more detailed review as I get some more time in, and even posting up some set up sheets for those that are interested.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Wheelin_Rev
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Wheelin_Rev » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:36 am

[quote="Squid";p="729223"]I'll be doing a more detailed review as I get some more time in, and even posting up some set up sheets for those that are interested.[/quote]
Looking forward to your future postings. Dave
Using a wheelchair since 2005 and can no longer drive.
[b]My D.I.S.ABILITY is a Do It Sitting ABILITY ! ! ![/b]
This hobby gives me the ability to wrench again on a 4x4 vehicle.

Stock Savage XL K5.9 Big Block looking to be modified....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:45 pm

Well, I am thinking that I am in need of a lot of practice on asphalt, with 4WD, or both.  While the changes I make to the car seem to make sence, I can't seem to get the car to turn.  I tried using some of my off road racing set up seeing that the Savage is 4WD, but it seems that asphalt is not like hardpacked clay at all.  The cars do seem to act a bit like a truggy from the little I raced one, but I could't get the hang of that in the 3 months I tried, always was searching for a decent set up there too.
Anyone here with 4WD asphalt, maybe even 4WD carpet experiance got any advise?  So far no matter what I do to the chassis and suspension, the car won't trun unless it is moving forward about half speed, and on power just enough to make it accelerate.

Tim, any chance of future 1/12th or even 1/10th scale pan cars?  CRC, and a couple others have been making the 1/10th scale for a couple years now.  They have been mostly raced on carpet, but I know that sunscreen works for traction compund on asphalt, at least with foam tires..........

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:47 pm

Made a lot of progress this evening with the set up.  I think that I am now more lacking than the car is.  I have got to figure out how to post my set ups for you guys to try if you want, and I will take any suggestions you guys want to hand out as well.
Basically, I didn't change much with the car, but I put the low power motor in it, and just ran it around the trck figuring out braking markers and turn in points.  After a bit, I was turning faster laps with the low power engine than I was with the full power one.  Now if I can just string about 25 good laps together in a row, I will be 100% happy.  But if you have ever raced, you know being 100% happy is a dream  :wink:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Wheelin_Rev
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Wheelin_Rev » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:54 pm

[quote="Squid";p="729909"]Made a lot of progress this evening with the set up. ?I think that I am now more lacking than the car is. ?I have got to figure out how to post my set ups for you guys to try if you want, and I will take any suggestions you guys want to hand out as well.[/quote]
Way to go with the setup. I too was amazed at the number of things to customize. I'd be interested in what you came up with. I ordered my USB adapter today. Dave

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MrBig
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by MrBig » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:06 pm

[quote="Squid";p="729909"]Made a lot of progress this evening with the set up. ?I think that I am now more lacking than the car is. ?I have got to figure out how to post my set ups for you guys to try if you want, and I will take any suggestions you guys want to hand out as well.
Basically, I didn't change much with the car, but I put the low power motor in it, and just ran it around the trck figuring out braking markers and turn in points. ?After a bit, I was turning faster laps with the low power engine than I was with the full power one. ?Now if I can just string about 25 good laps together in a row, I will be 100% happy. ?But if you have ever raced, you know being 100% happy is a dream ?:wink:[/quote]

The setups are single text files with the .set file extension which are stored in a folder in "My Documents". If you're using Windows, not sure about Mac, the path is 'My Documents>Virtual RC Racing>Car Setup'. The file name will be whatever name you used to save the setup. Also, these forums will not let you upload a file with the .set file extension so you might want to ZIP it or change the file extension to one of the file types allowed to be uploaded.
Last edited by MrBig on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/b]
Linking you to your passion - [url=http://rclinks.co.cc][color=red][b]RC Links[/b][/color][/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:49 pm

Thanks MrBig

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MrBig
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by MrBig » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:07 pm

[quote="Squid";p="729953"]Thanks MrBig[/quote]

I got bored so I created a website where people can share and discuss VRC Racing setups! Just got it up and running so no posts there yet, check it out and let me know what you think: VRC Setup
Linking you to your passion - [url=http://rclinks.co.cc][color=red][b]RC Links[/b][/color][/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Wheelin_Rev
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Wheelin_Rev » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:27 pm

[quote="Wheelin_Rev";p="729911"]I ordered my USB adapter today.[/quote]
I received my USB adapter today, exactly 8 calender days. Thanks VR Industries! Dave

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MrBig
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by MrBig » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:29 pm

[quote="Wheelin_Rev";p="730664"][quote="Wheelin_Rev";p="729911"]I ordered my USB adapter today.[/quote]
I received my USB adapter today, exactly 8 calender days. Thanks VR Industries! Dave[/quote]
Got mine yesterday! It also took about days, not bad.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:09 pm

Sorry Ihaven't been updating much lately, been busy with getting the house set up for winter, splittingand stacking fire wood, winterizing the lawnmower and motorcycle, etc.  I will try to get my set up loaded for interested partied to download this weekend.

And to the Rev, I posted in your thread, but follow the instructions on the VRC site, and the couple tips I left in your thread, and you should be good to go.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links