:!: :!: help savage xs problems need diagnosis :!: :!:

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage XS Flux Brushless Electric Vehicle.
jeepguy2310
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

:!: :!: help savage xs problems need diagnosis :!: :!:

Post by jeepguy2310 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Hey guys got a savage xs for Christmas always wanted one ive had nothing but problems so far....first day out 5 minutes in went over a little hump landed on its tires and rear castor broke. figured whatever maybe that's a weak spot on these trucks bought integy full suspension upgrade. only installed the rear so far to replace the broken pieces.  so im out driving it for the second time now got about 5-10 minutes in and it stops moving you can hear the motor turning but i cant go anywhere.....also it rolls freely if you push it now with out the clicking of the motor.  so im not really sure what that is but i figured its somewhere in the tranny so i start to take the motor trans out and i cant get the friggen bolts out. now i had this problem while replacing the suspension that the bolts that should be 2mm hex are slightly bigger.  but they are deff too small for 2.5mm hex  while doing the suspension i was able t get most of them with pliers. has anyone come into this issue with the screw heads before its so frustrating the tool doesn't seem to be worn because it fits snug on the other screws. also any idea why my savage stopped working

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

revobashin
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by revobashin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:23 pm

The hex screws could be fractional they shouldn't be but you never know. The free rolling sounds like the pinion gear set screw backed out allowing the pinion to free spin on the motor shaft. the pinion gear set screw needs lock tight.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LeroyX
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LeroyX » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Could also be that the slipper needs to be tightened up, they often come from the factory too loose.
[hr][i][b]Savage XL[/b] Clocked Picco Boost 28, ERCM end bleed, Bullet Proof 3spd with high spd 3rd, Hellfire 150 tank, OFNA throttle mod, Big Bores and lots of other stuff my wife doesnt know about...
[b]Savage XS[/b]- rolling on 2.8 Traxxas Talons[/i]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jeepguy2310
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by jeepguy2310 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:09 pm

Thanks guys I was really hoping something just backed out but I can't even get to it becausebi can't get it apart becaueenof my screw problem I've tried standard and metric its very frustrating to not be able to just take a screw out I almost ripped ot appart lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jedacite
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by jedacite » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:44 am

The Savage XS uses metric screw heads.  Check to see that there is no dirt stuck in the screw head, the only problems that I've had with the screw heads themselves has been having dirt in the head prevent a good seating of the hex tip in the screw head.

Good Luck,

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links