Need input why should I keep my xs

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage XS Flux Brushless Electric Vehicle.
millersavage
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Need input why should I keep my xs

Post by millersavage » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:29 am

Hey guys let me start out by saying I am not bashing the XS. it was my first electric kit and it has spurred me on to buying the Traxxas summit (sold now cuz i craved more spee d) and my Flux HP. I have bashed the crap outta my XS if any of you have seen my videos on youtube you know i have jumped this little devil 30 feet in the air. here's the cons for me anyway.

1. I LOVE my HP and i would rather put my money into it
2. I am lucky and have all the space in the world to bash. So its pint size doesnt help me in that respect.
3. as i have become more involved in the "RC" hobby i am leaning more and more towards flying.
4. like i said in #2 its almost like it cant handle the terrain i put it up against
5. I am afraid i wont get nearly enough money outta it as i have put into it.

The Pro's

1. I have a 4 year old who loves this truck. (But cant handle the power and the speed yet.)
2. with the MMP i put in it this thing screams. The speed is something that you dont get with most RC's
3. Cheap to fix\
4. Its a great backup for when my HP is broken and i still wanna bash something (I live in a area where you have to order parts online or drive for 4 hours.)

I know its hard to ask someone else what they should do with their money and hobby but thats what i guess i am getting at. Would you regret selling your XS and why?

any mods i can do to living this kit up?
The only thing that smokes more than a savage is my credit card!

Savage Flux HP
Savage 25
Savage Flux XS
Blade 350 QX
Supercub LP

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:46 am

Keep it for the 4 year old. Let him run it on 2s until he can handle more power, maybe a smaller motor for him too, but then you would need to change the motor back when your HP is down.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

GhostbikerNL
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by GhostbikerNL » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:23 am

+1
Savage Tcs XL Flux, ma1n5t cage, Alza brace kit, hpi suspension conversion kit, and mods of the great SC!

Savage XL k4.6, bp flux diffs, home made hinge braces and other mild mods

Feel free to ask there's Savage central for!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LeroyX
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LeroyX » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:57 pm

keep it! I was going sell off my xs as well but decided to keep it for when my almost 4 year old can give it a go.

Also it's still fun for the occasional high speed blast down the street in front of the house
[hr][i][b]Savage XL[/b] Clocked Picco Boost 28, ERCM end bleed, Bullet Proof 3spd with high spd 3rd, Hellfire 150 tank, OFNA throttle mod, Big Bores and lots of other stuff my wife doesnt know about...
[b]Savage XS[/b]- rolling on 2.8 Traxxas Talons[/i]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links