Got my savage xs need help with up grades

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage XS Flux Brushless Electric Vehicle.
vapor11
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Got my savage xs need help with up grades

Post by vapor11 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:30 pm

I just got my savage xs wow what a truck this thing is quick on 2s.   I need some advice frist the steering servo needs to be upgraded.   Any ideas on that thinking a hitec  HS-5625MG any thoughts?   Also whats everyone's take on hpi  YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR M/T TIRE S    I run everything on and off road snow mud you name it.   With those tire will i need to re do the gearing?   Also thinking of alumun body mounts i all ready broke one.     Also want to put a futaba radio in it the ones it comes with isnt that good.     All i want is just a fun little truck to run.     Also who makes a good charger my triton is old

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

BillyC74
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by BillyC74 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:15 pm

The Geolander tires are pretty good. I ran them for awhile and they are easily better than stock. I'm running Proline Badlands 2.2 now and I think they are one of the, if not the, best tires out there for the xs. You will need to drop your gears for the badlands, but not for the Geolander. I run 24/60 on mine with no troubles.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

BillyC74
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by BillyC74 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:18 pm

As far as chargers, I use a Duratrax Onyx 235. It has worked great for me

Link:
BBcode: