Help please!

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage XS Flux Brushless Electric Vehicle.
SavageBasher7
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Help please!

Post by SavageBasher7 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:40 am

I have a savage xs with I believe to be the original motor/esc. It runs great but sometimes it will stop moving and just shake/jitter. If I move the middle wire on the esc around it will take off again. I have soldered the wires into the esc and still have the same problem. It acts like its a bad wire. Anyone else have this or know what's wrong?
[b][color=blue][size=150]Savage XS[/color][/size] Onyx 2S, 24/32-60, HPI wheelie bar, GPM hubs, fan w/heat sink, 2.2/3.0 trenchers, Pro-Line Split 6 beadlocks, Pro-Line Sand Paws/RPM Revolvers[/b]

Past RCs-
Mach .26 Savage
E-Maxx- 7-Cell Nihms
T-Maxx .15

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LeroyX
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LeroyX » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:10 pm

I had this happen once and thought it was electrical but turned out to be a dogbone binding up. Try checking to make sure nothing is binding.
[hr][i][b]Savage XL[/b] Clocked Picco Boost 28, ERCM end bleed, Bullet Proof 3spd with high spd 3rd, Hellfire 150 tank, OFNA throttle mod, Big Bores and lots of other stuff my wife doesnt know about...
[b]Savage XS[/b]- rolling on 2.8 Traxxas Talons[/i]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageBasher7
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by SavageBasher7 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm 99% sure it's electrical
[b][color=blue][size=150]Savage XS[/color][/size] Onyx 2S, 24/32-60, HPI wheelie bar, GPM hubs, fan w/heat sink, 2.2/3.0 trenchers, Pro-Line Split 6 beadlocks, Pro-Line Sand Paws/RPM Revolvers[/b]

Past RCs-
Mach .26 Savage
E-Maxx- 7-Cell Nihms
T-Maxx .15

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

HeH8tzMe
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by HeH8tzMe » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:23 am

If you want to get technical, then yes, all the wires are replaceable. All you have to be concerned with is matching the guage wire. If you feel you may have a loose or faulty connection, you could solder new leads on and see if you get better results.
Personally if it were me, and I had it isolated to the middle wire off the ESC, I would remove that connection completely from the ESC, along with removing all solder, and try to solder it again. If still no change, then I would change out the wire with the same gauge, and see if that may correct it.

Also, do you have a spare ESC you could test with? This would allow yuou to use the same wires from the motor and pinpoint if the problem is with the wire or a faulty ESC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LeroyX
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LeroyX » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:56 pm

[quote="SavageBasher7";p="879652"]I'm 99% sure it's electrical
[hr][i][b]Savage XL[/b] Clocked Picco Boost 28, ERCM end bleed, Bullet Proof 3spd with high spd 3rd, Hellfire 150 tank, OFNA throttle mod, Big Bores and lots of other stuff my wife doesnt know about...
[b]Savage XS[/b]- rolling on 2.8 Traxxas Talons[/i]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageBasher7
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by SavageBasher7 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:55 pm

[quote="HeH8tzMe";p="879676"]
Personally if it were me, and I had it isolated to the middle wire off the ESC, I would remove that connection completely from the ESC, along with removing all solder, and try to solder it again. If still no change, then I would change out the wire with the same gauge, and see if that may correct it. [/quote]

This is exactly what I ended up doing today and it has run flawless. I had soldered it back in before and it came out again halfway through a battery. It wasn't sitting all the way down in the sleeve. All good now. Getting lots of compliments on it at the beach how fast it is.

Past RCs-
Mach .26 Savage
E-Maxx- 7-Cell Nihms
T-Maxx .15

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

HeH8tzMe
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by HeH8tzMe » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:10 pm

This is exactly what I ended up doing today and it has run flawless. I had soldered it back in before and it came out again halfway through a battery. It wasn't sitting all the way down in the sleeve. All good now. Getting lots of compliments on it at the beach how fast it is.
I'm glad to hear you got it fixed and it was a simple solution! Enjoy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links