Little to No Power to the Front Wheels?

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage XS Flux Brushless Electric Vehicle.
Pinkynukka
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Little to No Power to the Front Wheels?

Post by Pinkynukka » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:29 pm

hi there savage owners. i'm having a problem with my Savage XS Flux. If i lift up the truck and hit the throttle, all 4 wheels will spin. however, if i lift up the rear of the truck and leave the front wheels on the ground, the truck will hardly move. it's as though there's no power going to the front wheels. i've taken the front differential out and the tranny out as well. no broken teeth. i even swapped the rear diff with the front diff and the problem remained. the tranny has no bad gears. the drive cup pins aren't missing or loose.
what am i missing here? i do run the truck with my slipper clutch tightened all the way. where should i look next? this is driving me insane.
btw i have a 4600 castle sidewinder esc and motor.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LeroyX
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LeroyX » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:41 pm

Check the set screw that goes through the cups coming out of the tranny or before the diff. They commonly vibrate out if not installed with threadlock. This is more than likely your problem.
[hr][i][b]Savage XL[/b] Clocked Picco Boost 28, ERCM end bleed, Bullet Proof 3spd with high spd 3rd, Hellfire 150 tank, OFNA throttle mod, Big Bores and lots of other stuff my wife doesnt know about...
[b]Savage XS[/b]- rolling on 2.8 Traxxas Talons[/i]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LeroyX
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LeroyX » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Sorry shaft screw not set screw
[hr][i][b]Savage XL[/b] Clocked Picco Boost 28, ERCM end bleed, Bullet Proof 3spd with high spd 3rd, Hellfire 150 tank, OFNA throttle mod, Big Bores and lots of other stuff my wife doesnt know about...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Pinkynukka
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Pinkynukka » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:51 pm

thanks but i found the problem....simplest thing as usual. it was my axle pin on one of my front tires. i literally checked EVERYTHING BUT THAT, lol .   i appreciate the reply. yes you're right, those shaft screws do always come loose.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LeroyX
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LeroyX » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:40 pm

That will do it too, glad you found the problem.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

prymtym
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by prymtym » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:40 pm

don't worry i had this problem too... slapped my forehead lol

now i have a new issue a wheel where the hex goes in and you screw the wheel on, one of my wheels have now smoothed out.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

always_a_rhythm
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by always_a_rhythm » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:04 am

One more thing that will do it is the hex nut that turns the wheels could have stripped out the wheel hex. That happened to me. All the power then got dumped to the stripped wheel spinning the shaft, but not the wheel. I couldn't figure out the problem for a while.
HPI 1/12 Savage XS SS Mini Monster
HPI 1/10 Blitz ESE Short Course
HSP 1/10 Flying Fish Drift car
HSP 1/8 T2 Crawler

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links