Help needed - Runaway Savage

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage XS Flux Brushless Electric Vehicle.
Pootini
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Help needed - Runaway Savage

Post by Pootini » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:42 am

Was out with my son in the park with our Savage XS SS. All of a sudden control between car and radio failed.

Now car will run on its own without throttle being pressed. Only way to stop it is by putting throttle in reverse, but will not drive backwards.

Steering seems to works fine.

Car did not crash or have any kind of accident. No water involved and didn't seem that hot as had not been running long.

All batteries replaced, no settings have been changed. What might be the problem?

Radio/Receiver : Spektrum DX3C
Motor/ESC: Hobbywing EZRUN Brushless System Combo (120A ESC +KV4000 Motor

Many Thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

johan501
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by johan501 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:03 pm

first thing to do is to calibrate the esc to the radio ahd see if that helps

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Pootini
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Pootini » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:50 am

I can do that, but surely it wouldn't change mid-session?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Burt111
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Burt111 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:01 am

[quote="Pootini";p="875353"]Was out with my son in the park with our Savage XS SS. All of a sudden control between car and radio failed.

Now car will run on its own without throttle being pressed. Only way to stop it is by putting throttle in reverse, but will not drive backwards.

Steering seems to works fine.

Car did not crash or have any kind of accident. No water involved and didn't seem that hot as had not been running long.

All batteries replaced, no settings have been changed. What might be the problem?

Radio/Receiver : Spektrum DX3C
Motor/ESC: Hobbywing EZRUN Brushless System Combo (120A ESC +KV4000 Motor

Many Thanks[/quote]Im using the same radio as you,,,the SR302 RX has a bad antenna  wat to short,,you can buy a new longer antenna,but hey are difficult to solder,,,also get your son to stay with the truck,then walk backwards to see what you range is,word for me,Its also an option you can rule out Rx problems,good luck .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links