any gardeners on savage central?

A forum for nothing to do with anything to do with anything in particular. NO SPAM, ALL SPAM WILL BE REMOVED.
bifftit
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

any gardeners on savage central?

Post by bifftit » Mon May 06, 2013 6:32 am

got a start on my garden, finially. its planted about 2 weeks later than i wanted  but a month earlier than last year. got chard, beets,beans,3 types of carrots, and 3 types of peas. the cucumbers, tomatoes, watermellons,pumpkins and peppers are still in pots in the garage.  didnt pre-plant them early enough i guess as they are not very big yet. its fun gardening, you get to actually see your hard work pay dividends.
my garden is 27x58 HUGE thing! this is the second year i have ever planted things , theres sure lots to learn
2007 HD Ultraclassic +trailor...2000 UMC groundpounder 113ci...2008 HD 1200C (wifeys ride)

SavageXL-Novarossi 28 or Lrp32
SavageX-Picco 28 or OS 30VG...
Flux HP-tekin T8/RX8
Oh, and Orange Crush!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

badboy
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by badboy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:37 pm

I haven't stated gardening yet but I have been thinking about starting one.  I really do enjoy yard work and growing palm trees.  I have planted a few fruit trees and berry bushes with mixed results.
BADBOY- Savage X: Picco .28,

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

krzyd
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by krzyd » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:03 am

I grow roses, palms, and recently bamboo.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bifftit
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by bifftit » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:23 am

am starting to reap some benefits out of my garden.  have had beets and cucumbers, and the swiss chard is ready to start chomping on

theres going to be tons of beans, peas tomatoes ans peppers. im glad i planted so early. here in ND some things get planted right after the frost leaves ground, but things dont start growing till the ground reaches a certain temperature. we have a short growing seasion and last year i planted on the 1st of june and we were  just starting to get tomatoes and mellons when the hard frost hit and i had to bring them all into the garage to ripen, PITA. not this year
2007 HD Ultraclassic +trailor...2000 UMC groundpounder 113ci...2008 HD 1200C (wifeys ride)

Flux HP-tekin T8/RX8
Oh, and Orange Crush!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bifftit
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by bifftit » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:42 am

garden is all but done for on the frozen tundra! was an ok year. tomatos didnt do as well as last year. still getting carrots and the pumpkins are orange. cantaloupes were awesome and had about 2 dozen to chomp down. watermellons were better this year as i watered the *censored* out of them cucumbers werent as productive. lots of peppers.wifey been doing alot of canning! one pear tree produced 2 good sized pears and the cherry trees that were given to me all died, and i fenced off the plum trees to keep the deer from chomping them off every couple weeks.
do not know if i will garden next year as i have moved from trucking to construction and its doubtful i will have the time for it next year

Flux HP-tekin T8/RX8
Oh, and Orange Crush!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links