what tire is better?

Answers to all of your Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.

Moderator: Moderators

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

what tire is better?

Post by CRSMP5 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:22 am

this info is from a different thread int eh forum.. it needs to be located on a easy to find spot so here it goes..

the LIST...
F= stock tires, trinity 3 stage foams, rpm offset rims
D= panther plow boyz tires, their 3 stage foams, rpm offset rims

E = Road rages on outback welds
C= Bow ties on velocity wheels
B = Big Joes on outback welds
A = Mashers on Mambo wheels

ill add weights to this, goign to weight them with all hopes tonight..

height, the masher = big joe, followed by the stock, panther, bowtie then road rage

Width the Joe, Masher, bowtie = roadrage, stock then panther

performance of the tires..

the Masher is new and never used, but the rubber is pretty stiff vs even the joe.. should be a great all around tire for any surface, weigh alot

Big Joe is a great tire on anything thats not sandy/snow covered.. due to its block design it does not mud bog or push snow very well... weigh alot

the Bow Tie is a ok tire for select enviroments.. short grass, rocks, packed dirt they do well on.. never had a oppertunity to try it on powder snow, or mud bogging situation yet. these are very light much like the road rages

Panther plow boys. i wish i had snow to have tried them on, but so far pavement they work on, little noisy though, grass it rips and shreds, dirt is not a obstical, the foams that came with them are very nice and seem to hold up to trinity 3 stage foams.. id call this almost light, they are far from heavy

the road rage, grass is a NO NO with this tire.. semi tacky dirt, pavement, gravel they are ok on.. dusty it gets a tad slippery. very light set up

stock tires.. if they have trinity 3 stage foams.. they are great on all surfaces.. heavy weight though

Big joe 13.6oz
Stock 12.5oz
Masher 12.3oz
road rage 9.9oz
panther 9.3oz
bow tie 8.9oz

M is the new 23mm hex, .5oz
N is the savage central adapter .4oz (note these are original design ones)
O is stock .1oz

mikes with trinity 3 stage foams 8.2oz

mine with stock foams, 7.8oz

the outback weld 9.2oz

the new dish 23mm is 8.5oz

mine weighed in at 8oz with stock foams on q6 wheels.. wonder why the others weighed more 8O the bonez are stiffer then the bowties rubber wise

stock HB wheels and tires from the stadium 6.7oz, these are great on clay but are narrow vs a bowtie and they are real soft.. there is a "new version thats much stiffer"

on rpm clawz they are 6.4oz

from LeeUK
I weighed: Maxx mulchers on monster clawz, Stock tires on HB predator and Team orion street sweeper on offset monster clawz.

All weights are in oz.

All together...

Side by side...

Mulchers...

Stock...

Orion street...

From Byardbasher
Dirt Bonz weigh 165gr ( 5.9oz ) and the Proline 40 series Bowties weigh the same. The Bonz on HPI Q6 wheels are 240gr ( 8.6oz ) and the Bowtie 40 series on the new Velocity 23mm hub wheels ( with adapter ) weigh 250gr. ( 8.9oz. ). Heres some pics of the inside of the new wheels with the adapter in place. Looks like there's a large enough hub with substantial webbing to keep the wheels from bendin and breaking ( I hope. )

there are a few differances between my and others weights, all mine were weighed on the same postal scale, all i can figure is dirt in the wheel changed weights.. as most of mine are new that the differances are with vs others used ones..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:52 pm

FAQ section

Link:
BBcode: