k4.6 HINTS important info

Answers to all of your Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.

Moderator: Moderators

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

k4.6 HINTS important info

Post by CRSMP5 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:46 pm

today i finished break in, and went to set up the tune.. i have been using a throw away the temp gun, follow the smoke method ever since i got into RB engines.. following the temps on one of them drives you crazy till i learned a few simple tips.. ill explain this post at the end..

1st make sure the smoke is steady, come from a WOT pass to stop, let sit to count of 3 then ease onto throttle till at WOT follow th esmoke, make it even from start to finish...

2nd it is set up way way rich on factory settings, dont be scared to twist the needles..

3rd IF you run the LSN rich, you overcompensate by leaning the HSN even 1hour turn on the HSN will make it too lean, this is where you MUST follow the smoke.. i was getting 290-300f temps with the bottom end a little rich.. i leaned out the LSN a 1/4 turn, richened up the HSN 1hr and the temps dropped 50f right now..

this is something i learned on the RB engines this summer that if i run the LSN too rich it runs much hotter then leaning it out.. if you are getting high numbers, try LEANING out the LSN before you do anything else..
Last edited by CRSMP5 on Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:34 pm

http://www.savage-central.com/ftopic29453.html

read that thread also... starting to get alot of my pull start does not work threads

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links