RTR Savage .25

Answers to all of your Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.

Moderator: Moderators

Noreaga
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

RTR Savage .25

Post by Noreaga » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:24 am

http://www.wildhobbies.com/news/default.asp?cmd=view&articleid=1013[/list][/code][/quote]

New fuel tank that is primerless, an get this...The fuel pick up has been moved to the rear of the tank...YEAH BOI!!! Comes with roto-start, new wheel hex's to prevent the infamous stripped rim problem....
GO HPI!!!!

HPI Racing is proud to announce the new RTR Savage 25 monster truck! The 1/8th scale Savage 25 is designed to be our most powerful RTR kit ever! It takes the popular Savage to the next level, giving monster truck enthusiasts more power, higher speeds, and several extra exciting new option parts as standard equipment!

The heart of the Savage 25 is the powerful new Nitro Star S-25 that has 20% more displacement than the previous model. It
If its not broken, make it faster an more powerfull...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

leo14
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by leo14 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:45 am

That's the one i ment hehe didin't know how to post the url to work hehe . That looks nice. It says early october. We know what's going on with the ss. maybe it will be early or mid november :lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

nitro
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by nitro » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:19 am

Only 20.00 more then a Savage 21. I gots to have one

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:11 am

i myself am waiting for the pro version.. also i edited 1st post and added the goodies to it..

i just like how they screwed the ss owners on things like wheel hexes, tank, but "improved" the savage21... shoot... they need to improve the ss with those 2 things and free replacement to others like us that is stuck with the bogus stuff.. 3 shoe clutch... HA why does not the race version aka SS have that?? i think this is another way to tell us customers they did not think thru the SS prior to production, because it should have had those items.

yea im flaming... :evil: just its beyond me why they would throw that out onto the field and not give the SS owners a chance..

will i own that one.. NOPE.. roto start, IMO i think its usless.. but for others its a good thing... wonder if it comes with a batt and charger for the roto start or if you also get to buy one of them for the 20$ bump in price for this already.. and 15min to have it running... you mean the roto start batt comes charged?? just pointing out why im flaming at it... little stuff like that, people dont relize and it hurts to see something like that posted, and be full of 1/2 truths.. we removed the primer button to eliminate a air leak cause the roto start does not need it.. shoot none of them need it, note more flaming... :twisted: ahhh well... the info is posted.. you got my feeling on it.. thanks for the post..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

sicj
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by sicj » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:03 am

HPI has no consideration for people. Why come out with another Savage with better parts that aren't included on the SS? HPI Is pulling the Nintendo Gameboy scam. Original gameboy, color gameboy, Gameboy Advanced, Advanced SP Gameboy, and to add to all of that they release better colors of the gameboy later on after everyone bought the gay-ass purple one :evil:
Nintendo only scamed me on the original :wink: ...enough back to the Savage situation. HPI needs to read every part of the fantastic forum to realize what they need to do. Fuel tank problems? No problem we'll release a kit that's better than the .21 with the same crappy tank, then we'll release another kit to finally get the tank problem solved. It seems they are going to release a kit for every new redesigned part they create. Making a nitro truck with out pullstart? Have to charge the starter to start the truck. That's when we get into nitro, so we don't have to charge *censored*. Add fuel and rip it up. On this new kit they don't even add the sweet exhaust pipe the SS has. I think this is just a test to see what the citizens have to say about this decision of one more kit to add to the line up. It's not even on HPI's site yet. They are going to come to this forum and see what we say about this kit. I bet you it will be scrapped for the rumored Pro-Savage or Savage Pro :lol: :P (CRSMP5) Just sit tight and one day it will come....
Last edited by sicj on Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:09 am

my feelings exactly.. you dont see me flame to often.. but 2 months ago the tank design situation was finally admitted and came around how come they would do this to the poor savage owners or even the ones getting the SS.. shoot most people do not even have the SS yet. and walla.. new truck.. im totally unhappy with seeing this this morning.. knowing most SS shipments come in this week to the LHS.. so now who's going to buy a Ss when they can wait on a RTR version that they have to charge batts for, to even play..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

sicj
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by sicj » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:15 am

The SS is still a better kit. Just buy the wheel things and the tank. And of course the electronics to run it. It's still pull start too. I was going to get the SS. I had all the parts lined up ready to be order. New kit again? The famous phrase, " HPI, if you buid it they will come." Build it...now.... :!:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:22 am

i just liek the line.. due to roto start we decided the primer button was not needed... they did not state actual issue of self lean out.. i wonder if HPI will ship all of us savage owners a free tank.. time to go bug them...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

savageguy
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by savageguy » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:07 pm

i know i wouldnt mind a new set of rims for the tires i have, hpi should atleast honor there .21 and offer some kind of trade in or something

p.s. awwwww that body is awesome lookin

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TexSavage
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by TexSavage » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:21 pm

I think HPI will incorporate the improvements into the SS. The first gen SS will have the old parts. HPI already has a boatload of them coming. Too late to change now. I don't think it would be cost effective to send all these kits back to change $10 worth of parts. Plus look at the release date of the 25 RTR. Do you want to wait till October to get a SS. HPI USA won't have any of the improved parts on hand until then. Anyway, I think the new tanks will probably come with the next batch of SS. Just like they made mid production improvements to the venerable Savage .21.

Tex

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cmt56ss
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by cmt56ss » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:31 pm

TexSavage wrote:I think HPI will incorporate the improvements into the SS. The first gen SS will have the old parts. HPI already has a boatload of them coming. Too late to change now. I don't think it would be cost effective to send all these kits back to change $10 worth of parts. Plus look at the release date of the 25 RTR. Do you want to wait till October to get a SS. HPI USA won't have any of the improved parts on hand until then. Anyway, I think the new tanks will probably come with the next batch of SS. Just like they made mid production improvements to the venerable Savage .21.

Tex

Good point. There are always going to be improvements in the design.

So is the "Savage 21" getting phased out like the original Tmaxx? At least I don't have to worry, I have a Savage 52 :D
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you.
Jesu$ Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

justintoxicated
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by justintoxicated » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:49 pm

How depressing :(, the more money I spend the farther behind I become.
Is the 3 shoe clutch really even better, I thought MIP was the best one out??

Also does this have the HD dogbones, I don't see where it is listed.

So the only real changes are the fuel tank, engine exhaust header, clutch and shock springs.

How much difference will the exhaust header make?
I have sunk a crap load into my savage 21 and im still falling behind. For $20 more Id get it though and then change it to a pull start. Now I think HPI is charging way too much for their engine exchange....how about $20!

Maybe ill stop complaining if they send me a fuel tank that works right, maybe the 3 shoe clutch to play with, still though dual tank mod will pwn because you don't have to run to your Truck when it flips over :)

I must do the Diff mod tonight before HPI catches onto this and releases yet another kit! Id better hurry!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

shortlilcoolman
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by shortlilcoolman » Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:30 pm

ok now im officially depressed!!!!1...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..i want it!!!... :x ...... :cry: ..... :( ...this isnt cool..i want it!!!......i just got the freaken savage 21 like 1 month ago!!!1.......aww well..my plan .....is to get the engine exchange..then gonna match up the gearing with the 25 rtr...then im gonna get a better pipe..and and and...get the new tank..yay!!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Fire2ice32
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Fire2ice32 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:05 pm

Okay, that rips me off. First of all I don't even have my SS yet, and now I find out that its not even going to be the best kit on the market for one day before I find out of a new and improved RTR. Well, that sucks, I think that all Savage owners should unite and drown HPI with emails requesting replacement tanks at the very least as well as hex hubs. At the least, all SS owners should be given the replacement parts as they don't even have the trucks in their hands yet and already better parts are available, well chalk one up to the forethought of HPI.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cmt56ss
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by cmt56ss » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:32 pm

Fire2ice32 wrote:Okay, that rips me off. First of all I don't even have my SS yet, and now I find out that its not even going to be the best kit on the market for one day before I find out of a new and improved RTR. Well, that sucks, I think that all Savage owners should unite and drown HPI with emails requesting replacement tanks at the very least as well as hex hubs. At the least, all SS owners should be given the replacement parts as they don't even have the trucks in their hands yet and already better parts are available, well chalk one up to the forethought of HPI.

I agree, at least for theose who are getting the SS.

I know a lot of people are pi$$ed at HPI, but I think remarketing it as a Savage 25 is better for them. There are a bunch of people who think Maxxes are better because they are faster so they automatically get them. Plus people know of the bad rims, half lean problem, and underpowered engine, so they will automatically count out the Savage 21; so by offering a Savage 25, people will take a second look at them and HPI can get a larger share of the market, which from a business standpoint is what you are in business to do, make money; it was probably an afterthought from HPI that they might be shorting the people who bought the SS, or at least ordered one and those who just bought the Savage 21.

That only goes for the Savage 21 and the new 25, but I will agree that those people getting the SS are getting shafted; I think all those who are getting the SS should try to get HPI to offer rims and gas tank in the updated models, but they will want an original purchase receipt from you to verify that you have an SS and are not a 21 RTR owner trying to get parts for free.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

shortlilcoolman
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by shortlilcoolman » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:25 pm

Okay, that rips me off. First of all I don't even have my SS yet, and now I find out that its not even going to be the best kit on the market for one day before I find out of a new and improved RTR. Well, that sucks, I think that all Savage owners should unite and drown HPI with emails requesting replacement tanks at the very least as well as hex hubs. At the least, all SS owners should be given the replacement parts as they don't even have the trucks in their hands yet and already better parts are available, well chalk one up to the forethought of HPI.

i think this is the only way to go..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

sfgascott
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by sfgascott » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:46 pm

Oh you guys quit crying! WAHHHHH! So all you need is the SS kit and order the fuel tank,flywheel,clutch kit, and the updated hex hubs. Most guys have already relaced/fixed those issues already anyway. The SS is still a better deal.

HPI makes a better product and all I see is people crying about it. :roll:

The Savage 25 is a good deal for those newbies who can't build a kit or are not strong enough to start a nitro engine w/pullstart.(like chicks) :lol:

Scott
[color=indigo][size=150]Bashing in Tuttle, Oklahoma[/size][/color]
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/sfgascott/banners/newbanner6.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cmt56ss
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by cmt56ss » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:48 pm

sfgascott wrote:Oh you guys quit crying! WAHHHHH! So all you need is the SS kit and order the fuel tank,flywheel,clutch kit, and the updated hex hubs. Most guys have already relaced/fixed those issues already anyway. The SS is still a better deal.

HPI makes a better product and all I see is people crying about it. :roll:

The Savage 25 is a good deal for those newbies who can't build a kit or are not strong enough to start a nitro engine w/pullstart.(like chicks) :lol:

Scott

Well said.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Savatage
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by Savatage » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:58 pm

It seems to me that the SS is a kit version of the Savage and the Savage 25 is a new and improved RTR so I think HPI is right on the ball with their developement cycle although the kit version should have been released sooner. A lot of people wanted to get the Savage in a kit version so HPI gave them the SS with some extras over the original RTR. Other people wanted a Savage RTR with the known problems improved and once again HPI is delivering that too with extras. For everyone who ordered the SS and is disappointed at the Savage 25 announcement and every one else, if you don't buy the 25 version and wait for a few years I'm sure HPI will release an even better version. Of course then they will release another, and another, and another. It's just a viscious cycle that us poor consumers have to live with and how the big boys make their money.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ezrider
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by ezrider » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:16 pm

Welllllllllll,Just like i said about the SS most everybody has already done what the kit comes with 8O And, the rtr .25 is the same. Everybody already has was the rtr .25 comes with!!! Except the sissy pull start and really, who wants that? Just more stuff to carry! I just bought my savage about a month ago an well, hey, can't really complain. they are just improving on their mistakes (like any good company would) Now dont get me wrong had I known the RTR .25 was comin out i would had waited :roll: But, didnt happen that way :( So, the way i see it is when all the RTR's .25 hit the track they will be chargin their batteries while I'm suckin gas an hallin *censored* :twisted: NA CEDE MALIS (NEVER SURRENDER)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links