RTR Savage .25

Answers to all of your Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.

Moderator: Moderators

krome
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Pics of Savage 25 just out the box

Post by krome » Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:32 pm

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

YadMon
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by YadMon » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:32 pm

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Savage-Abuser
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Savage-Abuser » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:51 pm

great pics, of the much anticipated . 25 rtr and a great can of Drink in there too

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MYSAVAGE25
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by MYSAVAGE25 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:02 pm

The 25 is an awsome truck!!!! I had the ss on back order since the 10th of aug it never came in after the last shipment of the ss it was supposed to come in but the hobby shop wasnt that high on the waiting list they did however get in two .25's they offered me one of thoes in exchange all i had to do was return the rotostart and pay a difference of $37.00 so I thought it was worth it i will prob make that $37 back when I sell the stock radio and reciever and servos that came with the truck cause i installed the radio gear from the jr xs3. at first i turned it down because i wanted to build it myself (I'm a newbie its my 1st truck) then I started to think im doing diff gears and the reverse mod, and a mugen 3 shoe clutch, (I already had the cluch cause I was waiting on the ss), and the dual brakes right away so im going to tear the truck apart anyway so I called back and told them to hold it for me. So the min i got home I tore the whole truck down (I went through the directions backwards) So I could build my truck my self got it thurs didnt sleep tore it down thurs night after work slept an hour went to work busted *censored* putting it together got done about 6am sat morn slept a couple of hours broke it in with 1/2 gallon 25% nitro tuned it ran today and she screams I get about 1/2 hour on a tank so I dont know if that is normal or if im runnin to rich when runnin hard the temp gets to 280 and there is a steady stream of smoke so I just gald I got a truck
Aron

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MYSAVAGE25
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by MYSAVAGE25 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:04 pm

YadMon wrote:http://www.eurotechniks.com/zerin/savage25/

very nice pics Mine dosnt look that nice anymore once you get some dust on the body the stickers start to lift
Aron

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MYSAVAGE25
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by MYSAVAGE25 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:04 pm

YadMon wrote:http://www.eurotechniks.com/zerin/savage25/

very nice pics Mine dosnt look that nice anymore once you get some dust on the body the stickers start to lift
Aron

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

krome
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by krome » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:13 pm

I take it being an rtr that the savage25 rtr comes with a glow plug, if so what kind is it? Anyone know?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cmt56ss
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by cmt56ss » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:57 pm

krome wrote:I take it being an rtr that the savage25 rtr comes with a glow plug, if so what kind is it? Anyone know?

I don't remember when I got my RTR 21, but I don't think it came with a plug; an OS #8 or McCoy Mc-59 would be a good plug to use, since its getting colder outside (depending on where you live).

I remember when my truck had that new out of the box look to it....all clean and shiny......that lasted about 10 minutes.
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you.
Jesu$ Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

savvy1
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by savvy1 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:25 pm

Well I removed my engine last night to see if the screws on the backplate were locktited in. They had no visible signs of locktite on any of the 4 backplate screws. The Rotostart screws were locktited and some of the chassis screws had locktite on them. Just a heads up.
Last edited by savvy1 on Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Savage-Abuser
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Savage-Abuser » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:11 pm

seems very strange they locktite the rotostart but not the backplate, trying to save money are they ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MYSAVAGE25
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by MYSAVAGE25 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:04 pm

*censored* I got lucky last night I ran my truck good came home and read the post about the locktite on the backplate I was gonna check it tonight well anyway a friend wanted to see my truck run so I said after work went outside to get the truck I picked it up and droped it on the ground went to start it and nothing I was *censored* and embarsed so came home tore it apart and the pin fell out My guess is it happened when i dropped it since there isnt a nick in the block when I tore it apart I noticed something else there seemed to not be a nut bearing or spacer on the outside of the cluch bell so that is another thing to check so Id say i got lucky now Im workin on polishing all of it purple off
Aron

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageCanuck
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by SavageCanuck » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:06 am

I got mine on Sat I am going to remove the engine and loctite the backplate and the head bolts they too are coming loose. I'll prob check the clutch too with all the engine prob out there

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

torqie
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by torqie » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:48 pm

krome wrote:I take it being an rtr that the savage25 rtr comes with a glow o what kind is it? Anyone know?
mine came with r4

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

torqie
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by torqie » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:52 pm

mine had r4 plug

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

datamike
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by datamike » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:46 am

I just got through lock-titing my back plate per HPI's instructions. The backplate screws were loose with NO sign of threadlock! I've got about four tanks fulls through it. I think it would have blown up after only a few more given how loose it was.....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

savvy1
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by savvy1 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:29 am

Can you run the Savage .25 RTR in the snow and cold weather? I bought this truck under the impression that you can, however my LHS guy says that he doesn't recommend it, because plastic gets brittle and parts start rusting and the radio box isn't water proof. I live in Michigan and will mostly be using this truck from October - April, as I'm into R/C boats big time in the summer and won't have much time to use it during the summer season. I wouldn't run it when it's really cold and when the snow is really deep, but would like to run it in 30 + degree weather. Please let me know as I haven't started it up yet and want to know the truth before I do so that I can return it if I need to.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kevinlongisland
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by kevinlongisland » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:15 pm

i got mine for xmas last year. ran it in the cold all the time with no problems (i'm in new york) A friend of mine also had one before me and ran it all the time in the cold without a problem.

Your local hobby shop is correct in that most plastics, if not all, will become more brittle when the temperature drops. But the plastic hpi used is already very flexible. i would not worry about it. And remember to fix all the little problems with your savage before you start running it (set screw in tranny, turn screw around so you don't damage the tank, etc.)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DieselNut
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by DieselNut » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:37 pm

Kevin, where on longisland are you ? :)
Iron MaIdeN "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner"

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kevinlongisland
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by kevinlongisland » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:31 pm

massapequa in nassau county. where are you? want to go run the savages sometime? i'll be going sunday to a spot in westbury. later.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

gixxerscott
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by gixxerscott » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:25 pm

Woo Hoo.

Mine arrived this morning from Tower.

Brought it to work so I can work on it.