2nd 3 shoe flywheel option

Tech tips for the Savage can be found here.

Moderator: Moderators

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

2nd 3 shoe flywheel option

Post by CRSMP5 » Tue May 13, 2003 8:58 pm

I have been looking for the perfect three shoe flywheel for my Savage. I came across this Trinity low cg flywheel for the Reflex. It is the same diameter as the stock Savage flywheel. Here is a pic of them side by side:

And here it is with the Ofna 16t clutchbell:

Now I just have to get my hands on some clutch shoes for the final verdict. But it does look encouraging. :mrgreen:

Tex

I believe we got ourselves a winner! :D
I just installed the Reflex flywheel on my 8 port. The only thing I had to change is that I had to shave the front of the collet a little. The hole in the flywheel is larger than stock. But I believe this will work! :D

Trinity Reflex low cg flywheel with Kyosho MP 7.5 aluminum shoes, 1.1 Kyosho springs and Kysho flywheel nut:

With Trinity 16t clutchbell for MP 7.5:

Tex

IS,
Here is a list of the parts I used:
Trinity Flywheel
Clutch Shoes for MP7.5
1.1 Clutch springs
Flywheel nut

Tower has run out of the flywheels but this one may work as well. :)

Tex

Since most of the parts I used were for the Kyosho MP 7.5, I would think any 3 shoe set for the 7.5 would work. I went with aluminum because I wanted to try it out. But if I don't like it, I will try a set of these next.

Tex

dainjarouz,
When I installed the flywheel for the first time I could not tighten down the flywheel nut because the collet was sticking out too much out of the flywheel. So I took my Dremel and ground about 1/16" off the front(the thinner end) of the collet. After that it was all good. :D

A word about the collet. Make shure you have a thick collet. The one with the stock .21BB is too small/thin. The one that comes with the Hyper 8p is thicker and that was the one I used.

As far as cost goes, the whole setup cost me $55.76 plus S+H.

Tex
Last edited by CRSMP5 on Fri May 16, 2003 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TexSavage
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by TexSavage » Wed May 14, 2003 7:53 am

That article looks good. :)
I don't have much of anything to add. I have been running this setup for over a month and everything is holding up good. I am happy with it. :D

Tex

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links