touring car shock spacers

Tech tips for the Savage can be found here.

Moderator: Moderators

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

touring car shock spacers

Post by CRSMP5 » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:20 pm

due to the rise in how to get high ride height, ive been testing this design for a good 3 months... so ill share..

back to front... weak touring car spring, around a 2# setting, the yellow is 3.5#, the front is med.. like 3# and a stock spacer..

what i have found with this set up, there is 0 coil bind, and by manipulating the setting/weight of the springs i can add or reduce bounce to the end of the car they are on when i land from jumps.. the set up i have seems to be the winner, aka 2 yellow ones in the rear allows for high bounce in the rear if i hit small divits where this does not, bt at the same token it does not bottom out when i hit big air.

another thing to consider is shock oil.. i started with 30wt in all of them.. i added the other week 35wt to one of each front wheel and came up with a winning combination that reduced nose drop under braking, so i tried it in the rear (one on each wheel).. it helped with sag under full accel off the line and made it just right to lift the front wheels on concrete.. note conctret is high grip with the road rages on the truck, and i have a 14t cb on the 8-port race in the truck.. it looks like a tmaxx on take off now.. where the pre 35wt oil did not do this.. had to refine my driving skills some.. :twisted: it before lifted 1 wheel..

ill be testing the new shock oil weightas at the track this weekend along with my dif lock oil, 3k in the back, 5k in the front.. im worried i migh tloose steering due to how stiff the front feels now.. but ill know sat..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

savage-master
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by savage-master » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:32 pm

Keep us posted, than CRS. 8)
[img]http://savgraphix.oarie.net/bbb.jpg[/img]<br>I'm a Proud Member of the BBB!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

savage03
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by savage03 » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:30 pm

hi,
CRS can you tell me who made those springs so if i go up to my LHS i can like act like i know what im doing when i ask for them LOL i dont wanna look like to much of a newb! just wondering if those are associated or others? thanks for the help

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:19 pm

they usually just hang on the wall, hpi tamiya, and someone else makes them i think losi...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links