how to fit roto start to a picco/orion 26 engines

Tech tips for the Savage can be found here.

Moderator: Moderators

redline927
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

how to fit roto start to a picco/orion 26 engines

Post by redline927 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:10 am

HERE we go...
first things first, you will need a rotostart obviously.
http://store.savagess.com/product_info.php?products_id=127&osCsid=7a4aca6f688aa427b80c7cb8d7b25198

you will also need a wheel hex for 1/10 scale cars in order to fill in the gap bettween the shaft and the rotostart hex. very cheap. (12mm)
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPA13&P=7

take out the engine and remove the pullstart. use the directions to assemble the rotostart backplate but before you put it in, you will need to throw in the wheel hex in the rotostart assembly.

here it is pictured to the left

throw it in there, you can do it! dont forget to put the spring in too!!

see, no gap now, it doesnt sit in the rotostart so deep, preventing it from coming out.

with the hex in place, you can proceed to screw on the rotostart to the picco or wasp 26

finished!

and youre done! been working great for me ever since. dont forget to get a high quality 2 mm hex driver for the back plate so you dont strip those suckers out. I know this is rocket science and all, but im confident in you guys. Any questions?
Last edited by redline927 on Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Savage 26

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:21 pm

this is also reccomended on xtm, mach 26 with roto installed.. they all use this same thin spring loaded hex that the mach above has..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links