carb return spring

Tech tips for the Savage can be found here.

Moderator: Moderators

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

carb return spring

Post by CRSMP5 » Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:23 pm

Passign info on to you who may have not noticed it.. on my sav the other day when i was readjusting my needles for traxxas 20% fuel, i noticed i was not getting full throttle.. :cry: (was shut off and was moving throttle linkage via radio and noticed it before i started it) took spring off not a issue now, the carb is free in movement except if u tweek the lever up or down a tad it hangs up.. :cry: on HPIs web page they show a pic of drilling a hole in the roll bar and relocating the spring..

Image this pic is from their forum topic http://www.hpiracing.com/rcforum/showth ... adid=61610

i now clear my 2nd dip in my back yard at WOT with a 14t bell.. good 5ft distance between the 2 dips.. if you think your lacking power.. take a look at it..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Weaz
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Weaz » Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:49 pm

I noticed that as well. If I push on the linkage with my finger when at WOT I can actually move it another 1/8 inch or so. When i let go it seems to go back to where it was. I assume that the stock spring is too sturdy for the stock servo.
Cya!!.................Weaz

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:02 pm

i think the spring tweaks my carb down, causing a internal bind, im going to try what HPI shows in the pic... but for now.. wow how much better can it run.... :twisted:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

polobear
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by polobear » Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:35 pm

I've actually done this spring re-lo and been pretty satisfied w/ it... one thing of note, if you put the new hole dead-center on the handle, the spring still overpowers the servo by a little bit. I moved mine about 3/16" to the right of center (as you view it) and the spring still closes the carb but I can open the throttle fully (w/ 4.8V)

pb

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links