HOW TO "my throttle mod"

Tech tips for the Savage can be found here.

Moderator: Moderators

cabbie
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

HOW TO "my throttle mod"

Post by cabbie » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:49 am

I'v been asked to post this. there are no right and wrong ways to do this mod, this is just how i like to do it, i'm using a hitech servo with a long double ended horn.

parts needed:
sliders x2
long servo horn x1
springs x2
rod stoppers x4
2mm rods x2
clevises x2
small push on ball joint x2
40mm screw x1
old shock shaft x1

Discussion for this tech tip can be found HERE

1: open the first and last holes in the servo horn with a 2mm bit

2: fit the sliders as shown( i use an old shock shaft for the brake lever and make it longer for more torque, so the brake slider needs to be level with the throttle slider)

3: super glue the clevises to the rods, cut one to 6" and the other to 5"

4: fit the servo horn and set it to 90deg to the TVP's with the radio, fit the 6" rod as shown with the stoppers and spring

5:cut a shock shaft down (using the end with the longest thread) to 3" and bend as shown

6: drill out the brake cam with a 4mm bit and fit the shock shaft, adjust the brake so it starts to come on with the lever in this position

7: fit the other rod, spring and stoppers as shown

8: cut the allen screw down to 30mm and fit the ball joints

9: drill out the L arm and fit a ball connector

10: with the radio on and the L arm at 90deg to the TVP's fit the carb rod so the carb is closed, leave a 2mm gap between the slider and stop as shown, set the brake to come on as the servo moves about 5mm, i put a stopper on the back of the brake rod so the brakes are held open when the throttle is applied

11: when you are happy with the set up ie: rolling free in neutral with a closed carb, you can cut the access off the rods

Discussion for this tech tip can be found HERE.
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/cabbie1/blade/CPP20logo20white20bg.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML: " title="Click to select post’s link in HTML format" onclick="this.focus();this.select();" />
Hide post links
Show post links