Resurrecting the beast!

Forum for discussing nostalgic R/C cars and trucks of the past.

Moderator: Moderators

Hpi_Dirtdawg
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Resurrecting the beast!

Post by Hpi_Dirtdawg » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:45 pm

I bought my Savage 25 and joined this site in 2004. I joined a track and raced every Sunday and probably spent about 4 grand that summer upgrading my truck, probably the majority of upgrades are stock now. I tried my best to make a racer out of a truck that was never really meant to be a racer, but I guess that was part of the fun.

I can't believe it has been so long. Probably the majority of forum members that were here from that time period are gone!

My truck has been it the closest for probably about 9 years, just waiting for me to have money and time to run it again. I finally got it out!

The air filter literally fell apart when I touched it. None of my batteries will hold a charge well. My engine was so SH .28 engine was so gunked up with after run oil it wouldn't turn over. I had to take it apart and clean it up. Finally got it started with rechargeable batteries and gas that were both over 11 years old. Lol! It was good to hear it run again.

After I get a new hump pack, air filter, and some fresh gas, I might have to see if there are any race tracks in Colorado Springs!
Mach 26,XS3,3Speed,Bonz/Bowties,offsets,all HD drivetrain,Motor saver,HB tuned pipe,MP servo saver,Ofna T.L.,Duel Disk's,Airtronics 94358 steering servo,Hiteh T servo,Adjustible upper arms&tie rods,LCG TVPs,Duel tank mod,fail safe,top secret shock spacers

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:41 am

Been awhile since I fired up an of my trucks too. The local track doesn't run a MT class any more, and hardly anyone runs Nitro. Hopefully this summer I can fire up mine and run it around the yard at least.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SV250
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SV250 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:41 am

Its great to motivated again. My fleet has been neglected for a while
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/sv250/383%20Jeep/SV-SIG04-02.png[/img]
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v376/sv250/?special_track=nav_tab_album

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Hpi_Dirtdawg
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Hpi_Dirtdawg » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:26 pm

I feel like truggies kind of ruined the MT class. My personal opinion is if you want to run an MT run an MT, if you want to run a buggy, run a buggy! To me truggies were just big wheeled buggies and too similar to spend extra money on. Sure the trucks were a little harder to drive but that was part of the fun, they looked and drove like trucks! They were cool to watch!
Seems like most tracks didn't have the time to add an extra class so they combined the truggies and MT's which made the MT's mostly uncompetitive so people stopped bring them. Now we have buggy claases and bigger wheeled buggy classes. :lol: No offense if any one has one; I am just sad that no one has MT classes anymore.
I want to take my truck out out to a semi populated area and tear around with it. It always draws a crowd. I want to drum up some interest in this hobby again instead of watch it die! I use to be in Ohio, now I am in Colorado Springs. There is very little rc activity I have found here and only one track that I have found. We need to show people what they are missing!
Mach 26,XS3,3Speed,Bonz/Bowties,offsets,all HD drivetrain,Motor saver,HB tuned pipe,MP servo saver,Ofna T.L.,Duel Disk's,Airtronics 94358 steering servo,Hiteh T servo,Adjustible upper arms&tie rods,LCG TVPs,Duel tank mod,fail safe,top secret shock spacers

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bordin34
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by bordin34 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:23 pm

I may be inspired to start mine in the first time in 6 years. Just needs some batteries, nitro, and a radio.
www.niffken.com/forum/ Tournament Fishing Baits
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/tbirdshockey34/bordin-1.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Hpi_Dirtdawg
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Hpi_Dirtdawg » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:06 am

I tore mine down and replaced a few worn oarts and got a new hump pack. I took it out and it ran beautifully! I had a Charger body I won like 10 years ago on the HPI website that I had never painted a am going all out on it to make it a show body. I am even doing some legit auto body work :lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bordin34
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by bordin34 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Nice, Im still running a venom racing body I got for free more than 10 years ago. I've also owned a 74 and 73 Dodge Charger since.
www.niffken.com/forum/ Tournament Fishing Baits
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/tbirdshockey34/bordin-1.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links